18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

18" steel rims on ST with Street Pack

Finally made it to my dealer to order 20 lug nuts p/n ACPZ 1012 NWSP only to be told, they are on backorder with Ford, bummer :(
(Adrenlin had posted ACPZ 1-12 NWSP as the part number, my dealer said it was ACPZ 1012 NWSP)

Brian
Oops, that was a typo. Here is a snippet from my receipt.

upload_2019-12-7_12-10-4.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did anyone find out if a dealer in CAN would ship to the US or a cheaper source? At ~$395 a wheel I'll get the basic ones off TR. But looking for a winter set now as snow is a coming!

I haven't heard of any dealers doing that but there have been members who have driven across the border to buy them and brought them back. Have you checked to see if any dealers in Thunder Bay, Ontario have the wheels? Perhaps they could arrange shipping/delivery.

Peter

I haven't heard of any dealers doing that but there have been members who have driven across the border to buy them and brought them back. Have you checked to see if any dealers in Thunder Bay, Ontario have the wheels? Perhaps they could arrange shipping/delivery.

Peter

Eh, I said screw it this am and just ordered a set from a local raceshop that was cheaper than TR...my police wheel dreams are crushed :p

For the first time I didn't bother with an extra set of wheels this time and just have my Winter tires mounted on the OEM wheels.

Peter

For the first time I didn't bother with an extra set of wheels this time and just have my Winter tires mounted on the OEM wheels.

Peter

My wife asked about doing that...but having time to run out and have them swapped is a whole other issue. Easier for me to just swap wheels in the driveway...lets me wait until the last second to swap ;)

I also used to do that in my younger days but then I started getting the dealer to store them for me so I always timed the switchover to coincide with my oil changes. :) Getting the Winters installed on the 29th.

Peter

I just ordered oil to do my truck and the explorer....and today we got a inch or two of snow......and I have to change it in the driveway.....

Got the 2020/21 PIU Steel Wheels at local dealer in Canuckastan for $107+ tax

Big jump from the 2017 PIU wheels that cost me $74 +tax

TPMS is transferable so not too bad.

Got the 2020/21 PIU Steel Wheels at local dealer in Canuckastan for $107+ tax

Big jump from the 2017 PIU wheels that cost me $74 +tax

TPMS is transferable so not too bad.

I'm so jealous..... What the heck is the deal with $300-400 a wheel here..

Not sure but I know it has been that way for a long time. It was the same when I bought the 18" wheels here for my 2011 Limited. The U.S. pricing was almost 4 times what they were here.

Peter

Don't worry, its likely only one of 10 things cheaper up here then down there.

If they ever open the border again I can buy a truck load and drive down and sell to forum members!

Don't worry, its likely only one of 10 things cheaper up here then down there.

If they ever open the border again I can buy a truck load and drive down and sell to forum members!
hahahah, sounds good :p

Here are the wheels I ended up getting. I got them from my local raceshop cheaper than TR. However they use inverted lugnuts which is odd. super skinny lugs, and the key is like a giant allen wrench

IMG_0661.jpg

So I found this thread and it's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

Has anyone with an ST and Street pack found 18" RIMs besides the PIUs that fit? I see @northvibe but it looks like you have an XLT not an ST.

I'm in the US so getting the PIU rims could be a pain right now.

So I found this thread and it's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

Has anyone with an ST and Street pack found 18" RIMs besides the PIUs that fit? I see @northvibe but it looks like you have an XLT not an ST.

I'm in the US so getting the PIU rims could be a pain right now.
I do have an XLT.

Tirerack is showing many 18" wheels that fit a 2020 Explorer ST w/track pack. But they are starting at ~$134 a wheel and up. I'd hit up TR or a discount tire and see what kind of package they can work out. Otherwise my local raceshop just has ties to certain brands for things, while also being a TR location, so they work a few angles on brands/price.

Blizzak DM-V2 265/65R18 mounted on LB5Z-1015B. Picture perspective isn't the greatest but the tires fit just fine.

View attachment 175932
Sorry to wake up an ancient thread but I am looking at this exact setup, or maybe a nokian tire set up. This size worked fine? I'm worried about fitment and rubbing upfront. I'm really liking the full wheel well look and a little extra height for winter. I already have the wheels just figuring out what tire size will work best.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
That's spending quite a bit of $$ to gain 1.26 inches if you are talking about replacing a 255/55R20 setup. 255/55 R20 vs 265/65 R18 Tire Size Comparison Table with Graphic Visualization (inch difference)
You can use this or any of the calculators available to check the size difference. The overall diameter difference should not exceed 3%.
Are you going to be using a dedicated winter setup? That would be the way to go in Alberta. If so, I used Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires on my previous 2017 Platinum and now the DM-V2 on the Aviator.

Peter

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
That's spending quite a bit of $$ to gain 1.26 inches if you are talking about replacing a 255/55R20 setup. 255/55 R20 vs 265/65 R18 Tire Size Comparison Table with Graphic Visualization (inch difference)
You can use this or any of the calculators available to check the size difference. The overall diameter difference should not exceed 3%.
Are you going to be using a dedicated winter setup? That would be the way to go in Alberta. If so, I used Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires on my previous 2017 Platinum and now the DM-V2 on the Aviator.

Peter
Thank you! My ST is only 2 weeks old and I'm getting ready early for Winter, got the interceptor wheels for $120 each and the tires are all pretty similar in prices for the sizes I would run. Debating either 255/65 18, 265/ 60 18 or jumping up to the big 265 65 18. I'll keep the 21's for summer I imagine. I'm excited to spend some time on here reading through everything as I get to modding the explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you! My ST is only 2 weeks old and I'm getting ready early for Winter, got the interceptor wheels for $120 each and the tires are all pretty similar in prices for the sizes I would run. Debating either 255/65 18, 265/ 60 18 or jumping up to the big 265 65 18. I'll keep the 21's for summer I imagine. I'm excited to spend some time on here reading through everything as I get to modding the explorer.
Those same wheels run about $420 each in the States. :( I used the 18" steelie on my previous Explorers in place of the 20"/ Worked great and found they give a slightly better ride with the higher sidewalls.

Peter

Back