Clicks when starting | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicks when starting

I doubt the regulator part # matters, probably just means different brand/supplier for it, that it's a matter of whether you have the 4.0L OHV that uses a 3G alternator like the 923062, or a 4.0L SOHC or 5.0L that uses a 4G alternator instead. It would be good to list your vehicle configuration on your profile and/or sig for situations where this matters.

I doubt the regulator part # matters, probably just means different brand/supplier for it, that it's a matter of whether you have the 4.0L OHV that uses a 3G alternator like the 923062, or a 4.0L SOHC or 5.0L that uses a 4G alternator instead. It would be good to list your vehicle configuration on your profile and/or sig for situations where this matters.
Thanks man. I just wanted to double check. I tried doing the stats to my truck once but it didn’t take. Then the whole site went down for a while. I’ll get those stats up soon. I did see a few sites that had a reg that replaced the original one, but not even those numbers came up (VP4L2U-10316-AA for reference).

Back