• Register Today It's free!

Purge valve replacement part

Rjdhill

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer xlt
I have a 2014 explorer xlt 2.0 turbo . I got a P144C code which is purge valve . I went to order a replacement only to find out that part is on backorder nationally . Every dealer and and auto parts place is out . Which I can't believe but true from everyone I've talk to .50 different dealers in my state and a few other in states I found online . Absolutely no one has or can get it . Told it's been on backorder since mid February this year .

Anyway . Does anyone know if there is a cross over or has cross referenced a fit from another car like the ford focus .
This is very frustrating I'm running out of time to have emissions done one my car . Only way to renew my vehicle registration in my part of Virginia . My check engine light came on last week and my testing is required by the end of Nov .
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be great . Part # BB5Z-9G271-B

Much appreciated .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would imagine this site may also not have it if the dealers don't. Have you tried them? At least they have a phone number that you can call to check.
This is a Canadian site as you can tell by the price. You can check with them if you want. Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid - Ford (BB5Z-9G271-B) | Eastgate Ford Parts CA

Peter

I would imagine this site may also not have it if the dealers don't. Have you tried them? At least they have a phone number that you can call to check.
This is a Canadian site as you can tell by the price. You can check with them if you want. Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid - Ford (BB5Z-9G271-B) | Eastgate Ford Parts CA

Peter
Thank you . I will try. Hopefully something comes along. I'm at wits end trying to figure out what to do.

I have a 2014 explorer xlt 2.0 turbo . I got a P144C code which is purge valve . I went to order a replacement only to find out that part is on backorder nationally . Every dealer and and auto parts place is out . Which I can't believe but true from everyone I've talk to .50 different dealers in my state and a few other in states I found online . Absolutely no one has or can get it . Told it's been on backorder since mid February this year .

Anyway . Does anyone know if there is a cross over or has cross referenced a fit from another car like the ford focus .
This is very frustrating I'm running out of time to have emissions done one my car . Only way to renew my vehicle registration in my part of Virginia . My check engine light came on last week and my testing is required by the end of Nov .
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be great . Part # BB5Z-9G271-B

Much appreciated .
Car-part.com

Ive talked with a couple salvage yards and they aren't willing to sell the part off the engine .since it's considered part of the emissions system . Not sure why that is such an issue for them I didn't get into it really .
But still no luck and I'm waiting on a response from car-parts.com parts request.

I've cleaned the valve before about a yr ago when I first got a code which is what I tried doing this time around and to no avail it's just not working . No suction at all I've tested it several times .

Michael Blackburn I also check Amazon and none of them from what I've seen match the type I have . There are a few different versions made which goes in the top of the intake . But mine Is a small cylinder shape that sits on the passenger side top of engine externally with the hard plastic hoses attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027_161211_original.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027_161211_original.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20201027_161241_original.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027_161241_original.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 111

Ive talked with a couple salvage yards and they aren't willing to sell the part off the engine .since it's considered part of the emissions system . Not sure why that is such an issue for them I didn't get into it really .
But still no luck and I'm waiting on a response from car-parts.com parts request.

I've cleaned the valve before about a yr ago when I first got a code which is what I tried doing this time around and to no avail it's just not working . No suction at all I've tested it several times .

Michael Blackburn I also check Amazon and none of them from what I've seen match the type I have . There are a few different versions made which goes in the top of the intake . But mine Is a small cylinder shape that sits on the passenger side top of engine externally with the hard plastic hoses attached.
For $20 try this one from Amazon: AU5A-9G866AB Purge Valve Assembly for 2011-2016 Mustang GT Explorer F-150 Edge Raptor Taurus Flex Replace AU5A9G866AB AU5Z- 9C915-B CX-2409

For $20 try this one from Amazon: AU5A-9G866AB Purge Valve Assembly for 2011-2016 Mustang GT Explorer F-150 Edge Raptor Taurus Flex Replace AU5A9G866AB AU5Z- 9C915-B CX-2409
Thanks but not the part I need . I have. Different style on mine . See picture in previous post . It's the highlight yellow part .

Thanks but no one has that part in stock it's on national back order with pretty much everyone .I've lost count of how many different places I've call from online making sure they had it in stock before I ordered it and they've all told me the same thing which is why I've been looking for a cross over .
My thinking is since it's control by the computer I can get one similar for another ford model and remove the plastic hoses from my old one for the new one . I've found a few for the ford focus and chevy cruze .I Can't remember what yrs .Also mkz looks similar. I might have to just bite the bullet and buy all 3 and see what the results are . Might cost me a little under $100 but if one of them works I'm good to go.
If they do I'll post back here . I know I'm not the only one with this model explorer who has the problem since the dealer near me said the have 1 they've been waiting on the part for a couple months .

Thanks but no one has that part in stock it's on national back order with pretty much everyone .I've lost count of how many different places I've call from online making sure they had it in stock before I ordered it and they've all told me the same thing which is why I've been looking for a cross over .
My thinking is since it's control by the computer I can get one similar for another ford model and remove the plastic hoses from my old one for the new one . I've found a few for the ford focus and chevy cruze .I Can't remember what yrs .Also mkz looks similar. I might have to just bite the bullet and buy all 3 and see what the results are . Might cost me a little under $100 but if one of them works I'm good to go.
If they do I'll post back here . I know I'm not the only one with this model explorer who has the problem since the dealer near me said the have 1 they've been waiting on the part for a couple months .
I'm guessing most of those would function properly and I agree you might need to get a little creative with the hoses. I do not know if amazon allows return of electrical parts- Advance auto doesn't.....and also I did have to try two different brands of DPFE sensors from amazon on my 1996 explorer before finding one that worked (even though amazon said it would)- so I bought them one at a time.

Back