SYNC 3.4 Most recent version? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

Ford won't offer it, but aftermarket may. Just get ready to pay or do some crashed explorer part finding.

Ford will 100% offer sync 4 in the explorer. Just a matter of when. I bet 2022. I can't imagine them holding off for yet another year. But yeah hopefully the aftermarket brings it to 20/21 explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford will 100% offer sync 4 in the explorer. Just a matter of when. I bet 2022. I can't imagine them holding off for yet another year. But yeah hopefully the aftermarket brings it to 20/21 explorer.

I agree they will offer it in the Ex, but not for the prior year owners with sync 3.

I agree they will offer it in the Ex, but not for the prior year owners with sync 3.

Oh yeah I see what you're saying. Yeah definitely will be with the new upgraded screen. Similar to how the edge got it and now the new leaked 21 expedition. Sync 4=new bigger screen.

Oh yeah I see what you're saying. Yeah definitely will be with the new upgraded screen. Similar to how the edge got it and now the new leaked 21 expedition. Sync 4=new bigger screen.

As much as the big screens look ridiculous, the more you use/have it, the more awesome it is. I really miss my cd player though :/

There is likely a very good chance the 2022 Explorer will have Sync 4 along with its new screen but I'm sure that Ford won't offer it for prior model years. It will likely be up to the aftermarket to provide a backward-compatible version as they now have for Sync 3 and the larger verticle screen.

Peter

FWIW, several folks reporting the 3.4.20282 update is now available to them on the owner portal. Haven’t checked an Exp/AVI VIN yet though so your mileage may vary.

Is the sync 3 update from the vehicle wifi actually getting new updates?

FWIW, several folks reporting the 3.4.20282 update is now available to them on the owner portal. Haven’t checked an Exp/AVI VIN yet though so your mileage may vary.
Just checked Ford Owners and this update is available for mine.

Is the sync 3 update from the vehicle wifi actually getting new updates?

Yes. Those tend to lag the USB updates though as they have some extra steps to go through before they get turned on. If you tried it now it’s probably on the prior release still.

Confirmed, downloading 20282 from Ford Owners now.

Yes. Those tend to lag the USB updates though as they have some extra steps to go through before they get turned on. If you tried it now it’s probably on the prior release still.
Yeah, the Ford site says I need the new update and it is available. However, when I tried to check in my ST while connected to my house Wifi, it says the old version in the vehicle is up to date. Do you have any idea how long we should wait before it is ready to download over Wifi? Thanks for your help

Installed OK in about 30 minutes but could not find log file on drive to upload to website.

Looks like changes to Radio/USB player layout. Any insight into other changes?

Installed OK in about 30 minutes but could not find log file on drive to upload to website.

Recheck for the log file. It will have the VIN from your vehicle in it.

Yeah, the Ford site says I need the new update and it is available. However, when I tried to check in my ST while connected to my house Wifi, it says the old version in the vehicle is up to date. Do you have any idea how long we should wait before it is ready to download over Wifi? Thanks for your help

No idea. Given the holidays, etc. I would figure it'd be several weeks but that's just a guess.

Depends on your starting point. MY20's, for example, would notice there's no longer the long chime when starting a voice session. It's now just press button, beep, talk.

SYNC3 v3.4.20282 is now the latest update. Not sure what's new yet, if anyone knows please do share.

Not there. I guess was was not written on the flash drive during installation.
It should be in the SyncMyRide file on your flash drive.

Yea, I checked and it's not there

From memory you can just run that interrogator by itself. It's the last package in the list in the autoinstall.lst. You can just edit that to run only the final package and see if it kicks out the XML then.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SYNC3 v3.4.20282 is now the latest update. Not sure what's new yet, if anyone knows please do share.
The media screen now has controls. My MP3s on my thumbstick now displays album art properly.

Back