How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 55 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Since you are in this thread I'm guessing you have FORScan?? I read through some of the posts here and did not see any referencing the needed changes to activate the lines. But a new camera needs to be programmed to the vehicle.

Peter
I do have forscan i haven't tried in about close to a year but I couldn't figure out how to program it to the vehical

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all,

I have a 2018 Ford Explorer Sport. Is there a way to make the turn signals also a parking light (steady on, then flash when activated for turn signal)? I've seen other Explorers with this.

Note: I tried activating this feature in BCM (NOT as built) by selecting "Front Turn Position Lamps Type" and changing it from "Turn Only" to "Turn and Position". While it worked in making the turn signal light a steady on, my turn signals no longer flashed).

Thank you for the help.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Some earlier models of the 5th gen in Canada had the DRL on the amber parking lights. When the turn signal was activated, the light would then flash as normal. It was also possible to program/activate the DRL feature on the U.S. models.
As for your question about the steady ON and flashing when required, I don't have the answer and it hasn't been asked before as far as I know.
Good luck and please report back if you're successful. Thanks.

Peter

Thanks Peter - no success yet but I was able to easily disable double honk and enable dark mode without going into the as built bdyCM

I found an easy modification in BdyCM (not as built) that changes the turn signal so that it's constant on (see photos). Default is "turn only". Together with the signature lights, I think it looks really cool (sorry - the photo quality doesn't really do it justice).

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to get it to flash with the turn signals. Any ideas?

IMG_20201127_212438067.jpg

IMG_20201120_202757261.jpg

It would be cool if the lights on the mirrors stayed on too. I’ve seen them on an F150 before.

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to get it to flash with the turn signals. Any ideas?
I guess you'll just have to go with the old "arm out the window" for signalling turns. Sucks in Winter.;)

Peter

Hi All,

I've done some searching but am coming up short. Is there any way to fix the easy entry / exit setting with Forscan? I have a few excel sheets that various folks have put a lot of details about all the setting, but the DSM (driver seat module) doesn't seem to be one of them. Does anyone know of a way to disable this as unchecking in the normal vehicle settings doesn't work.

I know there was a bulletin a while back stating "Update the driver’s seat module (DSM) to the latest level calibration using IDS release of 97.05 or higher." But I'm not sure how to do that.

This is on a 2016 Sport.

Disabling the feature should work. I've disabled it in all the vehicles I've had. Sorry, I can't help with the FORScan question.

Peter

Disabling the feature should work. I've disabled it in all the vehicles I've had. Sorry, I can't help with the FORScan question.

Peter
There's a software problem. It won't stay unchecked in the dashboard menu, even if you uncheck it, the next time you start the car, it's checked. That's why I'm trying to figure out a Forscan fix. I did find this code on another post about a 2017 F-150, but there's no information about what to change in this Driver Seat Module code:

744-02-0180CE"Easy entry/exit" selected in productivity screen settings
744-02-01004E"Easy entry/exit" not selected in productivity screen settings

Hi All,

I've done some searching but am coming up short. Is there any way to fix the easy entry / exit setting with Forscan? I have a few excel sheets that various folks have put a lot of details about all the setting, but the DSM (driver seat module) doesn't seem to be one of them. Does anyone know of a way to disable this as unchecking in the normal vehicle settings doesn't work.

I know there was a bulletin a while back stating "Update the driver’s seat module (DSM) to the latest level calibration using IDS release of 97.05 or higher." But I'm not sure how to do that.

This is on a 2016 Sport.
Calibration means firmware update. Its not basic programming.

I unticked that setting in the left IPC menu and it has not turned back on for me yet.

I unticked that setting in the left IPC menu and it has not turned back on for me yet.
He is referencing an issue specific to some 2016s:

TSB 16-0090​
INCORRECT MEMORY SEAT OPERATION AND/OR EASY ENTRY/EXIT SEAT OPERATION - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 3/11/2016​
Publication Date: June 16, 2016

FORD: 2016 Explorer
LINCOLN: 2016 MKX

ISSUE:

Some 2016 Explorer and MKX vehicles built on or before 3/11/2016 may exhibit a memory seat that does not return to the programmed position when pressing the memory seat switch or programmed intelligent access (IA) key; and/or easy entry/exit function that does not return to the previous seat position.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Check the vehicle build date. Was the vehicle built on or before 3/11/2016?
    1. Yes - proceed to Step 2.
    2. No - this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10 for normal diagnostics.
  1. Reprogram the driver seat module (DSM) to the latest calibration using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) version 100.05 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest calibration. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.
  1. Use IDS to perform a DSM reset. Select the following:
    1. Body
    2. Service functions
    1. DSM reset and press the tick mark.
  1. Use the IDS to update the as-built data in the DSM. Select the following:
    1. Module programming and press the tick mark.
    2. As-built
    1. DSM and press the tick mark.
    1. You may see a screen requesting VIN verification. Press the tick mark.
    1. Verify the VIN is correct by selecting yes.
    1. Select no if the IDS asks were you sent here for part numbers or from another procedure.
    1. Automatic and press the tick mark.
    1. Follow the IDS prompts to complete the procedure.
After completing the procedure, advise the customer their memory seat locations and IA keys with programmed seat locations will need to be reset.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back