• Register Today It's free!

3rd battery in a hybrid???

RJT895

Reaction score
City, State
CHINO VALLEY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 hybrid totaled may
My 2020 Limited Hybrid is in the shop, it kept throwing red "Low Battery Charge" warnings at startup. The techs say the battery in the engine compartment and the hybrid power battery under the seats are both OK, the 'other' battery that appears to support the electronics package has failed. It is supposed to take a week to get a new one from Ford.

Any ideas where this phantom battery is located???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good question. So far I haven't found that info.
The 1.5-kwh lithium-ion battery pack is liquid-cooled, and it stashes neatly under the second-row seat area with no difference in packaging versus non-hybrid versions. Power electronics are located under the hood, to the right side, and they share the battery's cooling circuit.Jun 19, 2019

Peter

I don’t know if this helps, but it discusses a “high voltage” battery only found in the Hybrids:

6C695F3D-58B4-46A3-B122-CF95FABAC50A.jpeg

I don’t know if this helps, but it discusses a “high voltage” battery only found in the Hybrids:

View attachment 326656
The dealership said there were no scan codes, that's part of why they still have it... Plus, I had been operating the truck every day.

Back