Recent FORScan database | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent FORScan database

The only one I have any interest in is disabling the lowbeam drls.
If the intent is to use the Signature Lights as DRL, then I don't believe they are bright enough. The LED low beams would be brighter even given that they run at reduced power when acting as DRL.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you happen to have a Canadian explorer?
Unsure, it was purchase from Vroom and previously titled in Arizona. How to tell if so?

Unsure, it was purchase from Vroom and previously titled in Arizona. How to tell if so?
Check Forscan and see what parameters are at 726-16-02 and 726-21-01.

Look at the VIN sticker in the door jamb. If its a Canadian vehicle it will have a maple leaf printed on it with Canada written on it.

Look at the VIN sticker in the door jamb. If its a Canadian vehicle it will have a maple leaf printed on it with Canada written on it.
No Maple Leaf on my DS door jamb Vin and passenger occupancy and weight sticker! So...

I did accomplish what I wanted to do, by using the easy mode and changing a few parameters of the DRL's in Forscan. Thankfully without the need to change or mess with As Built Data! 😁😎

Here's the Settings I had to change, and also Enable. Which then highlighted Daytime Lights in the left IPC and allowed me to Check/Uncheck it to disable my LowBeams while driving in the daytime and only use the Halo's!

While shining my bright led flashlight and having the EX in D, the lowbeams went off as desired. Same when I pulled it out into the driveway.

Finally, glad to have this done and figured out, as well as having the Temp Display in the Right IPC as well...

20210125_162927.jpg

20210125_163411.jpg

20210125_163426.jpg

20210125_154148.jpg

20210125_154715.jpg

20210125_154524.jpg

20210123_235955.jpg

I did accomplish what I wanted to do, by using the easy mode and changing a few parameters of the DRL's in Forscan. Thankfully without the need to change or mess with As Built Data! 😁😎

Here's the Settings I had to change, and also Enable. Which then highlighted Daytime Lights in the left IPC and allowed me to Check/Uncheck it to disable my LowBeams while driving in the daytime and only use the Halo's!

While shining my bright led flashlight and having the EX in D, the lowbeams went off as desired. Same when I pulled it out into the driveway.

Finally, glad to have this done and figured out, as well as having the Temp Display in the Right IPC as well...

View attachment 326975

View attachment 326976

View attachment 326977

View attachment 326978

View attachment 326979

View attachment 326980

View attachment 326981
Glad you were able to get it to work. Looks like your turn signal run lights are now disabled though?

Also what was your lamp circuit usage set at before you changed it to DRL only?

Glad you were able to get it to work. Looks like your turn signal run lights are now disabled though?

Turn signals only came on with Halos during Remote Start function. Turn signals weren't always active previously while driving in the daylight, only my Halo & LowBeams.

I believe #2 Fixed DRL and Position. Could of been #1 I don't really recall, I did do a save prior to any changes though.

Turn signals only came on with Halos during Remote Start function. Turn signals weren't always active previously while driving in the daylight, only my Halo & LowBeams.
Really? Interesting.

Did you also enable park lamps with DRL? Because that should turn on your front side marker lights and your tail lights I believe.

Really? Interesting.

Did you also enable park lamps with DRL? Because that should turn on your front side marker lights and your tail lights I believe.
No, I only wanted Halos during daytime. As sun goes down, everything else comes on as intended in Auto.

20210125_173055.jpg

20210125_173126.jpg

20210125_173146.jpg

I also noticed in Forscan there's 2 setting for Child Locks. Both were set to Disabled, anyone know if Enabling this does anything? Add it to the 8" touchscreen? Or what...

I know there's already built in Child Safety Locks on the rear doors....

16116335218254799387003208034016.jpg

I also noticed in Forscan there's 2 setting for Child Locks. Both were set to Disabled, anyone know if Enabling this does anything? Add it to the 8" touchscreen? Or what...

I doubt that enabling the feature would add it to the touchscreen since the locks are mechanical. Although I can't be sure, I don't believe they are wired for electronic activation.

Peter

Very interesting. Does performing these steps make the Halos bright enough to be effective DRL's? I know they are normally not bright enough to be used in that way.
Works for me.

Very interesting. Does performing these steps make the Halos bright enough to be effective DRL's? I know they are normally not bright enough to be used in that
Yes, abut 75% as bright as most new vehicles with led DRL's.
how did you do this
I enabled the option for Temp in IPC(Instrument Panel Cluster) via Forscan in the IPC settings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back