• Register Today It's free!

2020 - 21 PIU cargo vault option

4wdExplr

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer XLT 4WD
I was looking at the 2020 PIU brochure and saw that there is an optional cargo vault that looks to replace the standard plastic storage area on the XLT explorer.
Here is a picture from the brochure:
1611720125234.png

Dose anyone have this, and coud post a picture of it? I want to see about ordering it from ford parts.

Thanks
Rod

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a part number Rod? Fordparts is probably the most expensive place to order anything from.
HAVIS has this lockable item.
1611774758199.png

Peter

Thanks, Peter

The link you posted is the armrest. There is actually an insert made by console vault that is pretty cool.
1097.jpg

I was referring to the plastic storage area in the rear on XLT models (where the sub is located on B&O equipt Explorers)
It seems that on PIU explorers there is an option to make the area lockable. I think that would be better as it's less visible than the armrest area.

For ford parts, my dealer has been good at giving me a discount for the accessories I've ordered. Do you have other places to order?

-- Rod

Thanks, Peter

The link you posted is the armrest. There is actually an insert made by console vault that is pretty cool.
View attachment 327054

I was referring to the plastic storage area in the rear on XLT models (where the sub is located on B&O equipt Explorers)
It seems that on PIU explorers there is an option to make the area lockable. I think that would be better as it's less visible than the armrest area.

For ford parts, my dealer has been good at giving me a discount for the accessories I've ordered. Do you have other places to order?

-- Rod
It’s not lockable, just a plastic cover with a plastic screw nob. Its a good space for random things that I carrying while working but a secure place for things that are of value

It’s not lockable, just a plastic cover with a plastic screw nob. Its a good space for random things that I carrying while working but a secure place for things that are of value
D.wilcox, are you referring to the PIU Explorer? It seems strange that on the PIU Explorer brochure Ford would call it a cargo vault and show a gun being stored in it if it's the same plastic storage area on the regular Explorer.

Here is a picture from the Brochure showing the cargo vault:
1611858141825.png

D.wilcox, are you referring to the PIU Explorer? It seems strange that on the PIU Explorer brochure Ford would call it a cargo vault and show a gun being stored in it if it's the same plastic storage area on the regular Explorer.

Here is a picture from the Brochure showing the cargo vault:
View attachment 327068
Yeah that’s my bad. Unless something is different the storage area that’s in the back of my police car is just a plastic lid with a screw nob. Maybe there is an upgraded option but the standard one is not a secure way to store value things

Yeah that’s my bad. Unless something is different the storage area that’s in the back of my police car is just a plastic lid with a screw nob. Maybe there is an upgraded option but the standard one is not a secure way to store value things
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep looking. Thanks for your service as an officer, I respect the tough job you guys have.

I was looking at the 2020 PIU brochure and saw that there is an optional cargo vault that looks to replace the standard plastic storage area on the XLT explorer.
Here is a picture from the brochure:
View attachment 327030

Dose anyone have this, and coud post a picture of it? I want to see about ordering it from ford parts.

Thanks
Rod

I have one like that in my Taurus. I believe it's made by Jotto, it uses a Jotto key.

Back