2017 Headlight Wiring Question

cbasssssss

Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone, this is my first post!

Anyway, I bought a LED "Ford" emblem for the front grill of my 2017 Explorer Sport. The Ford wording lights up when power is supplied. I'm trying to wire the new emblem to my headlights so it will turn on when the headlights turn on. But I am having trouble identifying the correct wire to tap into. I also couldn't find a headlight fuse to tap into.

Any advice on how to identify the correct wire would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the link but Ive looked there and it doesn't show what I need. I also have a photo of the back of the driver side headlight wires but I cant figure out how to upload it.

You can use a 3rd party photo hosting site or take out an Elite Explorer membership ($20) and load from your device. That is all I've ever used so I'm not that familiar with other options.

Peter

I have tried this on my 2017 Ford Explorer XLT. Are the wire colors different because I do not see the wire green with orange stripes.

I have tried this on my 2017 Ford Explorer XLT. Are the wire colors different because I do not see the wire green with orange stripes.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It is quite possible that the wiring for the Sport and XLT could be different depending on the headlight features/configurations.

Peter

I'm not sure, I would assume they are different in because nothing is ever easy. I used trial and error to find what worked for me. Basic multimeter use is very helpful.

Also, this product does not age well. See the before and after pic here. The shiny background fades and chips away. For reference, I live in Maryland and use this as a highway daily driver.

Also, this product does not age well. See the before and after pic here. The shiny background fades and chips away. For reference, I live in Maryland and use this as a highway daily driver.
Not sure what this has to do with headlight wiring??

Peter

Not sure what this has to do with headlight wiring??

Peter
I wired this LED emblem to my headlight and showed how I did it. How is that not about headlight wiring? This was just an update to the durability and longevity of the product I used because El_Chapo asked where I got it.

Back