• Register Today It's free!

2010 xlt ECU part/model number

Wildizzat

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT 4.0
Hello all, izzat here, new to the forum and the explorer.
Bought my 2010 Ford explorer XLT 4.0l two weeks ago, next day day while driving the highway, battery sign popped and a few minutes later the car completely died. Restarts once I pull over.
Anyway, took it to the agency they said it's a bad ECU, they charge a fortune for that and takes awhile to arrive anyway.
So wanted to get one from the junkyard.
My question here, I took it out to see the exact model number, it says 8L2A-BA / 8L2A-12A650-GC, I looked online, it seems for a 2008 explorer not 2010, so I'm expecting previous owner had it changed.
So what is the part number for 2010 (agency are refusing to give me that here which is dumb), and are 2008 parts compatible on 2010 or is it just 09 and 10.
And what's the difference between the first code and second (BA and GC)

20210130_124603.jpg

Hello all, izzat here, new to the forum and the explorer.
Bought my 2010 Ford explorer XLT 4.0l two weeks ago, next day day while driving the highway, battery sign popped and a few minutes later the car completely died. Restarts once I pull over.
Anyway, took it to the agency they said it's a bad ECU, they charge a fortune for that and takes awhile to arrive anyway.
So wanted to get one from the junkyard.
My question here, I took it out to see the exact model number, it says 8L2A-BA / 8L2A-12A650-GC, I looked online, it seems for a 2008 explorer not 2010, so I'm expecting previous owner had it changed.
So what is the part number for 2010 (agency are refusing to give me that here which is dumb), and are 2008 parts compatible on 2010 or is it just 09 and 10.
And what's the difference between the first code and second (BA and GC)

View attachment 327132
No one can help in that? I can't find any place that can tell me the actual part number for this model!!

No one can help in that? I can't find any place that can tell me the actual part number for this model!!
Ford used this ecu in 08 as well as 10 even in the 09. So its the same Part number for all of these

You can just find junkyard online sale 2010 Gen4 VIN and check your part at any oem ford dealer site.

In most cases
In all production years,instrument clusters and PCMs and SJBs are usually the same part with different software.

Dealer tool almost unable to reflash wrong production year or configurations modules

You will need to do that manually (not a common sense action).

Also
Before you replace PCM check em by pin test (workshop manual)

Without mechanical damage like leaks,wrong software,shorcuts or bent pins it is almost impossible to get your PCM wrecked.

Back