Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Has anyone compiled a list of the individual modules for the 2020s? It's difficult to try and play around with things when you don't know exactly what each module is assigned to. For example, the 2020 Super Dutys can change the SCCM module address 724-01-01 to adjust the number of times the turn signal blinks. But that adjusting that module doesn't work on the Explorer.

The first three digits (724) are the module. That hasn't changed, 724 is still the SCCM, 726 is still the BCM, etc.

Ford reshuffled the as-built addresses within the modules for the 2020MY on the Explorer. The 2021MY F150 has had a similar reshuffle and from what I can tell by comparing as built files, a lot of the mods that will work on the new F150 will work on the Explorer and vice versa.

Due to the reshuffle, you'll either have to be patient for people to discover address locations that control certain features or you'll just have to go looking for them yourselves. The F150 guys have been the source for the majority of mods found in the as-built, and now that they are able to start digging into it I would expect to see a lot more info come out in the next year that will apply to the 20+ Explorer/Aviator as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Livnitup over at the F150 Forum posted this spreadsheet which decodes much of what the BCM as-built does for the 2021+ F150. Based on what I've looked at, it appears the 2020+ Explorer/Aviator have essentially the same address locations in the BCM as the 2021+ F150.

FORScan - 2021 F150

Some of the descriptions are pretty cryptic, but it's a start. It looks like I was correct about the location of the power point timeout duration.

@Nine29 - try this to have power always-on to the 12V power points for 2020+ MY:

726-57-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx - 12V power point timeout enabled (default - use timeout duration)
726-57-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx - 12V power point timeout disabled (always on)

Here are some other things I found in that sheet, which need confirmed for 2020+ MY:

726-62-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx - Keyfob panic button disabled
726-62-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx - Keyfob panic button requires two clicks
726-62-01 x2xx xxxx xxxx - Keyfob panic button requires one click (default)

726-01-02 xxxx xxx0 xxxx - Keyfob panic alarm lights & horns (default)
726-01-02 xxxx xxx1 xxxx - Keyfob panic alarm lights only

726-28-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxx - Keyfob car finder on - clicking lock twice honks horn (default)
726-28-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx - Keyfob car finder off

726-39-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx - Fog light memory enabled
726-39-02 xxxx x1xx xxxx - Fog light memory disabled (default)

726-25-01 xAxB xCxD xFxx - Remote start duration, 0 = off, 1 = 5 mins, 2 = 10 mins (default), 3 = 15 mins. A = Key 1, B = Key 2, C = Key 3, D = Key 4 F = vehicle IPC config.

726-55-01 x?xx xxxx xxxx - Door ajar lighting color. 3 is the default here as it was on 2016-2019 Explorers, so perhaps the same codes work for different colors?

726-40-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx - Front turn signal lamp outage detection disabled (for LED hyperflash)
726-40-02 xxx1 xxxx xxxx - Front turn signal lamp outage detection enabled (default)

There's a lot more to be figured out, but hopefully that will flesh out the BCM settings in the iCloud spreadsheet.

@Spart Thanks..will try the setting this weekend and report back.

This is not correct for the fifth gen Explorer, and likely not correct for the sixth gen either.

In the 5G, the timeout for the 12V power point was located at 726-39-01 ABCD xxxx xxxx. ABCD is the number of seconds encoded in hex, with a default value of 1194 on the 5G Explorer, 13G F150, and 6G Mustang. 1194 in hex is 4500 in decimal, and 4500 seconds = 75 minutes.

With that out of the way, 726-39-01 looks like it controls something completely different in the 6G Explorer (much like almost every other as-built address) but take a look at 726-78-01 xxxx ABCD xxxx - the factory default value there is 1194 again. I checked a 2021 Aviator and a 2021 14th Gen F150 as well, and they've also got 1194 at that location.

Coincidence? Probably not. Try changing 1194 to 0001 and see if your 12V power point shuts off immediately after turning the vehicle off and opening the driver's side door.

Looks like I was wrong about this. That location IS for a 75 minute timeout, but it's for some sort of lighting I think.

It would appear that the 2020+ location for the 12V timeout is 726-57-01 ABCD xxxx xxxx, and the default value for Explorer/Aviator is 0E10 which is 3600 seconds or 60 minutes. Same values as before should work, so setting ABCD to 0001 should result in a near immediate shutoff after shutting the car off and opening the driver's door.

Just wanted to quote this after updating it in case anyone was looking to change the 12V power point timeout or had already tried.

Hey guys, i've got a '21 ST and can confirm that the disable augmented engine sound posted earlier in this thread has worked. However, I'm trying to enable fogs on with high beams and cannot find a module specifically called "BCM". I have BCMC, BdyCM, and BdyCM (AS BUILT FORMAT). Anyone know which is the right one for finding the 726-39-02 address code to enable fogs w/high beams?

Hey guys, i've got a '21 ST and can confirm that the disable augmented engine sound posted earlier in this thread has worked. However, I'm trying to enable fogs on with high beams and cannot find a module specifically called "BCM". I have BCMC, BdyCM, and BdyCM (AS BUILT FORMAT). Anyone know which is the right one for finding the 726-39-02 address code to enable fogs w/high beams?

BCM = Body Control Module = BdyCM

BCM = Body Control Module = BdyCM
So BdyCM gives me actual words and not addresses so i figured I needed to modify the parameters within BdyCM (AS BUILT FORMAT)? worked like a charm - thanks again!

View attachment 327321

So I've scoured this thread and cant find any details on how to adjust for tire size per the spreadsheet info. Can someone explain how? My factory #s on line 726-15-01 are: "09" and on line 726-15-02 are: "46" I put them together to get 0946 thinking maybe its a mm calculation but that translates to about 37" tires which is obviously not accurate. I put slightly larger tires on my ST (31.6" outside diameter) and it would be nice to adjust for tires size so my speedo isn't 2-3mph off when cruising on hwy.

Thanks again guys!

View attachment 327321

So I've scoured this thread and cant find any details on how to adjust for tire size per the spreadsheet info. Can someone explain how? My factory #s on line 726-15-01 are: "09" and on line 726-15-02 are: "46" I put them together to get 0946 thinking maybe its a mm calculation but that translates to about 37" tires which is obviously not accurate. I put slightly larger tires on my ST (31.6" outside diameter) and it would be nice to adjust for tires size so my speedo isn't 2-3mph off when cruising on hwy.

Thanks again guys!

Not sure where you got lost in the math, but 0946 hex = 2374 decimal, 2374mm = 93.46in circumference, 93.46 / pi = 29.75 in diameter.

The spreadsheet has a link to my calculator, which you can use to come up with nominal values for a given tire size, or use GPS truing to get it really accurate.

Not sure where you got lost in the math, but 0946 hex = 2374 decimal, 2374mm = 93.46in circumference, 93.46 / pi = 29.75 in diameter.

The spreadsheet has a link to my calculator, which you can use to come up with nominal values for a given tire size, or use GPS truing to get it really accurate.
so by your calculations, my factory settings were made for a 29.75" diameter tire? Something must be off since my factory tires were 275/45R21 which translates to about 30.74" O.D.

Per your calculator, I'm getting 0984 based on the tire size i entered. What does that translate to O.D. wise if you dont mind doing the calculation for me?

so by your calculations, my factory settings were made for a 29.75" diameter tire? Something must be off since my factory tires were 275/45R21 which translates to about 30.74" O.D.

Per your calculator, I'm getting 0984 based on the tire size i entered. What does that translate to O.D. wise if you dont mind doing the calculation for me?

Ford does a revs/mile correction and bakes that into the circumference they program. This accounts for squish in the tire and inflation. Basically when your tire does one rotation, it doesn't actually move the car the exact same distance as the measured circumference of the tire, it moves a bit less.

That correction can vary by vehicle but it's around 97% usually.

So 97% of 30.74" is 29.82". My spreadsheet calculator accounts for this correction factor.

Also - no two 275/45R21 tire models are exactly alike, generally speaking. Just pull up a bunch on Tire Rack and take a look at the revs per mile - they'll all be slightly different.

Ford does a revs/mile correction and bakes that into the circumference they program. This accounts for squish in the tire and inflation. Basically when your tire does one rotation, it doesn't actually move the car the exact same distance as the measured circumference of the tire, it moves a bit less.

That correction can vary by vehicle but it's around 97% usually.

So 97% of 30.74" is 29.82". My spreadsheet calculator accounts for this correction factor.

Also - no two 275/45R21 tire models are exactly alike, generally speaking. Just pull up a bunch on Tire Rack and take a look at the revs per mile - they'll all be slightly different.
Gotcha, so then my new calculation of 0984 should equate to about 97% of the 31.6" that Goodyear specs my 265/65r18s at then right?

Gotcha, so then my new calculation of 0984 should equate to about 97% of the 31.6" that Goodyear specs my 265/65r18s at then right?

0984 hex = 2436 mm = 95.91" circumference = 30.53" diameter corrected / .97 = 31.47" uncorrected.

You're overthinking it a bit. Just put in whatever value my spreadsheet says, and if that isn't perfect use GPS to make it so using the bottom part of my spreadsheet calculator.

0984 hex = 2436 mm = 95.91" circumference = 30.53" diameter corrected / .97 = 31.47" uncorrected.

You're overthinking it a bit. Just put in whatever value my spreadsheet says, and if that isn't perfect use GPS to make it so using the bottom part of my spreadsheet calculator.
Stupid question but does this also affect how the truck logs mileage for odometer purposes? I'm wondering if I put too large a number in there, whether I'd be inadvertently racking up my mileage higher than it should be?

Stupid question but does this also affect how the truck logs mileage for odometer purposes? I'm wondering if I put too large a number in there, whether I'd be inadvertently racking up my mileage higher than it should be?

Yes, but think it through. The value my calculator gave you is maybe 0.6% off the spec for your tire.

It would take forever to rack up any meaningful mileage discrepancy with that much error.

After changing tire size, I Keep getting the wrench, i.e., P160A fault code after changing tire size. I did the PCM module initialization/relearn vehicle data but its still on. Any ideas?

After changing tire size, I Keep getting the wrench, i.e., P160A fault code after changing tire size. I did the PCM module initialization/relearn vehicle data but its still on. Any ideas?

You need to do a TCM relearn as well.

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

FORScan reference for 2011-2019 Explorer (may be handy to find 2020 settings);
FORScan 2011-2019 Explorers

FORScan reference for 2020 Explorer;
FORScan 2020 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator
Link says it can't be located or the user stopped sharing.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all of the available codes? Specifically for a 2021 Explorer ST.

Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
When I tried the link for the 2020 Explorer and Aviator, it took me to a page that required an Apple ID Sign In. The member hasn't been seen here since July which seems unusual as he was a consistent contributor here. The other link isn't working.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
When I tried the link for the 2020 Explorer and Aviator, it took me to a page that required an Apple ID Sign In. The member hasn't been seen here since July which seems unusual as he was a consistent contributor here.

Peter
thank you sir. same thing that happened to me. let me know if you happen to find something

Back