shucker1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0
Guys,

We are considering either a 2020 or 2021 Ford Explorer.

The wife is really liking the Black Grille and Black Rims but it only appears to come on the XLT with sports package, however this package does not offer the B&O \ 12 speaker Sound system.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get both?

Perhaps Special Build if they will do it?

Secondly, I know the factory will not, but has anyone disabled the "Most Annoying" Auto Restart system without any warranty issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the 6th gen Forum. :wave:
The factory does not do "Special Builds". That would cut into production time. You can always upgrade the audio system with an aftermarket one or get the grille and wheels painted/plasti-dipped or look into ordering the black grille afterwards.
As for the Auto Stop/Start feature there is a thread on that but I can't comment on any possible warranty implications. Personally, I have no issue with the feature and find that during this cold weather, it seldom cuts in and when it does I don't find it intrusive at all. Auto Start-Stop Technology...Please NO!

Peter

You can turn off the auto start stop with an 2020-2021 Ford Explorer Autostop Eliminator
I put one on my wifes edge ST and it works like a charm. It remembers the last position you had it in and goes to that every time you start the car, effectively pushing the button for you. It plugs in between the switch and harness. If you're concerned about warranty, just turn it back on when you go to the dealer and they will never know its there unless they have to work on the switch.

You can turn off the auto start stop with an 2020-2021 Ford Explorer Autostop Eliminator
I put one on my wifes edge ST and it works like a charm. It remembers the last position you had it in and goes to that every time you start the car, effectively pushing the button for you. It plugs in between the switch and harness. If you're concerned about warranty, just turn it back on when you go to the dealer and they will never know its there unless they have to work on the switch.
That's a nice fix for those who don't like Autostop.

I wish they would come up with a similar fix for the driving modes. I would love for the vehicle to startup in Eco mode each time rather than have to set it after each restart.

If the B&O system in the Explorer is like it is in the F150 then skip it all together and get the base system. I wonder how good the Revel Ultima 3D sound is in the Lincoln.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the 6th gen Forum. :wave:
The factory does not do "Special Builds". That would cut into production time. You can always upgrade the audio system with an aftermarket one or get the grille and wheels painted/plasti-dipped or look into ordering the black grille afterwards.
As for the Auto Stop/Start feature there is a thread on that but I can't comment on any possible warranty implications. Personally, I have no issue with the feature and find that during this cold weather, it seldom cuts in and when it does I don't find it intrusive at all. Auto Start-Stop Technology...Please NO!

Peter
As for the auto stop it doesn't get quite that cold down here in South Louisiana as it does elsewhere.

In fact it usually stay so warm the Auto Stop would turn the vehicle off right after you start it.

LOL.

Thanks guys.

As for the auto stop it doesn't get quite that cold down here in South Louisiana as it does elsewhere.

In fact it usually stay so warm the Auto Stop would turn the vehicle off right after you start it.

LOL.
OK. I'm jealous.
-17c when I got up this morning. Brilliant sun with no wind, so still t-shirt weather. Two feet of crisp snow that'll probably last a few weeks as the temps aren't forecast to warm up for a while.

OK. I'm jealous.
-17c when I got up this morning. Brilliant sun with no wind, so still t-shirt weather. Two feet of crisp snow that'll probably last a few weeks as the temps aren't forecast to warm up for a while.

Think I need to move north. We are looking at -11F to -21F through Sunday.

Think I need to move north. We are looking at -11F to -21F through Sunday.
Yikes! That's pretty chilly.
We're pretty much at the same latitude, you and I. You'll need to move east, closer to the Gulf Stream to get warmer.

47 and raining here in South Louisiana.

Possible Ice or snow flurries Monday.....

New Orleans is fixing to shut down....

Guys,

We are considering either a 2020 or 2021 Ford Explorer.

The wife is really liking the Black Grille and Black Rims but it only appears to come on the XLT with sports package, however this package does not offer the B&O \ 12 speaker Sound system.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get both?

Perhaps Special Build if they will do it?

Secondly, I know the factory will not, but has anyone disabled the "Most Annoying" Auto Restart system without any warranty issues?
The 2021 Limited Hybrid 3.3 AWD doesn't have that stop start option and does offer the B & O as standard equipment

Back