What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

I took out my lower sway bar bolts and put in some quick release pins, so I can disconnect my sway bar anytime for extra front wheel travel. It makes a huge difference off road.

Took it out to Shasta Dam Chappie OHV park and tested it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Rick! I'm thinking that tear has more to do w/ useage, and not miles! :D

Nah, they were all easy miles ;)

ditch5.jpg

Dang how'd you do that?

From flexing the body and chassis to it's limits over and over. Like bending a can, eventually it tears. There are other spots which have needed repair as well.

DSCF2406.jpg

Bump.

Is it rusted? Looks thin, I mean I know they are to begin with but that looks aluminum can thin.

Drove around in the snow a couple days delivering Valentines Arrangements for my wife's business.
Depth was 8 - 12 inches, and no way the van was gonna cut it. Steep hills!
People couldn't believe they were getting their deliveries!
We were the only shop to confirm all orders.
Gotta love these trucks, the only time it spun a tire is when I was driving up and out from the shop 5 degree hill on grass.-- it'll grow back....

Oh and can't get enough of the news reports on roads being plowed--I'm like Hehhehheh they said plowed

Picked up my second explorer yesterday(black 4th gen is mine too)
1994 Sport 5spd
1 owner, 270k on the chassis but <50k on the motor and trans. Some cosmetic blemishes inside and out but overall very clean for its age and drives well

20210220_154354.jpg

20210220_154105.jpg

Picked up my second explorer yesterday(black 4th gen is mine too)
1994 Sport 5spd
1 owner, 270k on the chassis but <50k on the motor and trans. Some cosmetic blemishes inside and out but overall very clean for its age and drives well

View attachment 327789

View attachment 327790
Thanks man. How was the play in the shifter? Mine has about 4-5 inches of play left to right while in gear, and I'm wondering if it's just because it's an older vehicle or if it's loose or something

Thanks man. How was the play in the shifter? Mine has about 4-5 inches of play left to right while in gear, and I'm wondering if it's just because it's an older vehicle or if it's loose or something
No mine was about that much even with new sencores in it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put a extra trans cooler. External filter and new pan next
IMG_20210227_143654068.jpg

Back