Infidel

Reaction score
City, State
Port Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 4.0 4wd
Callsign
Infidel
I'm new to the forum, I hope I'm doing this wright? I'm looking for an underdrive pulley, for my 96' 4.0. I know their out there. Does anybody have part number, website, or one to sell? Any info would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm new to the forum, I hope I'm doing this wright? I'm looking for an underdrive pulley, for my 96' 4.0. I know their out there. Does anybody have part number, website, or one to sell? Any info would be appreciated.

Generally its not gonna be just 1 pulley but a set. and they are out there just do a quick google on it. I think Andy's has a set

This was the one i installed on my 93. I also installed a smaller alt pulley i got from a local alternator shop. It definitly helped with power. As to how much i have no clue. I did a throttle body mod, 5.0 maf, phenolic intake spacer and Underdrive pulley's all at the same time. And it was a beast with 33" tires/4.56 gearing 5spd.

This was the one i installed on my 93. I also installed a smaller alt pulley i got from a local alternator shop. It definitly helped with power. As to how much i have no clue. I did a throttle body mod, 5.0 maf, phenolic intake spacer and Underdrive pulley's all at the same time. And it was a beast with 33" tires/4.56 gearing 5spd.

The 5.0 maf works on the 4.0 ohv? I have one from a 5.0 explorer.

The 5.0 maf works on the 4.0 ohv? I have one from a 5.0 explorer.
It’s not needed. You aren’t running out of air on the 4.0, it’s a low revving motor. Don’t get caught up in the bigger is better mentality.

Back