Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3.4 Update 21020 and OTA Updates

Looks like I'm taking it in for service sooner than expected. After rolling the SYNC back to 20282 and having Sirius working since then. Plus I turned off automatic updates. When I started it a little while ago system update flashed across the screen. And it is now showing 21020 and Sirius isn't working again. Never thought it could update OTA with auto updates off. Starting to think it's been taken over by demons. :banghead:It's no wonder I'm having a nice cold one.
Did you turn off your wifi connection too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you turn off your wifi connection too?
No, I had left it on. Makes me wonder why have the auto update switch when Ford can push an update with it off.

Not yet, don’t want to mess things up before a road trip on June 2. Same with the Sync version update.
Thanks for the reply. I was wanting to see what another Aviator owner experienced. I've had no issue with the software update and the only thing that I'm experiencing with the map update is that every time I start the vehicle, all the Sirius/XM features except for Audio show 'Unsubscribed' but then the other begin to update and within about 30 seconds or so all features are showing 'Subscribed'. That's the only little 'hiccup' I've noticed.

Peter

On the CyanLabs forum the SiriusXM issues appear to be resolved with build 21098 and master reset, but so far I can only see it available from CyanLabs, of course.

On the CyanLabs forum the SiriusXM issues appear to be resolved with build 21098 and master reset, but so far I can only see it available from CyanLabs, of course.
Maybe Ford will push 21098 out quicker with all the problems with 21020.

Well I was at the dealer today. They plugged in the the Universal Sync drive per the TSB and nothing happened. The Service advisor brought me in the shop to see if it fixed the issue and it did not. Sync was still at 21020 ( I had to show them how to find it!). I asked them if they followed the TSB and they said that the Service Dept. told them to try the drive that they had first which is the current one before they ordered another. I told them the TSB says to download an update to the flash drive which should roll back 21020. They are sending emails to Ford and we will try again on Monday. I'm not confident they are going to figure this one out. What a waist of time.
Have you been back in for service on yours? If so, any progress to report?

I'm going back in on Monday with mine. Still having issues with travel link plus I've lost Sirius audio 3 or 4 times since Ford pushed 21020 back to me.

Have you been back in for service on yours? If so, any progress to report?

I'm going back in on Monday with mine. Still having issues with travel link plus I've lost Sirius audio 3 or 4 times since Ford pushed 21020 back to me.
Yes and no..LOL I was there on Monday and the Advisor told me that the tech who requested further direction referenced the wrong TSB so they had to send another email to the hot line on Tuesday. My Advisor was off today so I'm going to stop there tomorrow to see what's up. They have to figure out how to download the file referenced in the TSB. I suggested that they also consider downloading 21098 since I've read somewhere that it fixes the issue. I'm not sure they will do that as it has not been formally issued. I'll report tomorrow what happens. What a real PIA.

Yes and no..LOL I was there on Monday and the Advisor told me that the tech who requested further direction referenced the wrong TSB so they had to send another email to the hot line on Tuesday. My Advisor was off today so I'm going to stop there tomorrow to see what's up. They have to figure out how to download the file referenced in the TSB. I suggested that they also consider downloading 21098 since I've read somewhere that it fixes the issue. I'm not sure they will do that as it has not been formally issued. I'll report tomorrow what happens. What a real PIA.
Well that sucks. hope tomorrow goes better for you. I've held off going in due to the fact that I wasn't sure my dealer has a handle on it. When I talked to them today they are now well aware of the latest TSB so I'm hoping that might help.

Well that sucks. hope tomorrow goes better for you. I've held off going in due to the fact that I wasn't sure my dealer has a handle on it. When I talked to them today they are now well aware of the latest TSB so I'm hoping that might help.
Well another 2 days wasted days at the dealership. The Universal Sync thumb drive they have has 21020 and they are still asking Ford how to download the version that the TSB supposedly rolls back. Ford also told them they should replace the ACM which they refuse to do since they feel it is a software issue. I expressed my frustration to the Service Manager who is now getting involved. He feels it might be an issue with the TCM, which I think is a stretch. He is now sending an SSSC, whatever that is. I'll be stopping by again on Tuesday to see what Ford tells them.

Well another 2 days wasted days at the dealership. The Universal Sync thumb drive they have has 21020 and they are still asking Ford how to download the version that the TSB supposedly rolls back. Ford also told them they should replace the ACM which they refuse to do since they feel it is a software issue. I expressed my frustration to the Service Manager who is now getting involved. He feels it might be an issue with the TCM, which I think is a stretch. He is now sending an SSSC, whatever that is. I'll be stopping by again on Tuesday to see what Ford tells them.

21098 isn’t available to dealers yet. You can roll back manually if it wasn’t a problem before and see if that saves you any headaches. Let me know if you need a production updater for 20282.

21098 isn’t available to dealers yet. You can roll back manually if it wasn’t a problem before and see if that saves you any headaches. Let me know if you need a production updater for 20282.
When I rolled mine back to 20282 it worked fine. But then Ford must not have liked the fact I did that so they forced an OTA update back to 21020. And I had the automatic OTA turned off. That was last Friday and Travel Link hasn't worked since. Taking it in Monday to see what my dealer has to say. Hoping for better luck than N3DD has been having.

When I rolled mine back to 20282 it worked fine. But then Ford must not have liked the fact I did that so they forced an OTA update back to 21020. And I had the automatic OTA turned off. That was last Friday and Travel Link hasn't worked since. Taking it in Monday to see what my dealer has to say. Hoping for better luck than N3DD has been having.

You didn’t turn off Automatic Updates I bet. Or the disable didn’t take. It won’t push updates to you unless that one is on.

You didn’t turn off Automatic Updates I bet. Or the disable didn’t take. It won’t push updates to you unless that one is on.
It was turned off. I don't know if turning it off worked as there is no way to tell that I know of. I did still have WIFI turned on.

Thanks, let me see what happens on Tuesday first and then I may take you up on that. To avoid what happened to Dale, do I need to disable WIFI or does updates come down via the TCU.

Thanks, let me see what happens on Tuesday first and then I may take you up on that. To avoid what happened to Dale, do I need to disable WIFI or does updates come down via the TCU.

TCU isn’t involved with any of it. It’s all WiFi. Disabling the “Automatic Updates” option in the Settings will prevent it from phoning home to get an update.

It was turned off. I don't know if turning it off worked as there is no way to tell that I know of. I did still have WIFI turned on.

It turns itself off during a USB update but will switch back when done if it was on prior. Possible that happened? Hard to say without seeing it.

It turns itself off during a USB update but will switch back when done if it was on prior. Possible that happened? Hard to say without seeing it.
Here is a picture of my screen taken on the 21st after Ford had pushed 21020 to me.

20210521_175728.jpg

On a more positive note, everything with mine seems to be working. No Sirius/XM issues or Navigation issues except that the features except "Audio" all have to resubscribe after a key cycle. Takes about 20 seconds. It may always have been like that as I've never really had that screen up or used Travel Link.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On a more positive note, everything with mine seems to be working. No Sirius/XM issues or Navigation issues except that the features except "Audio" all have to resubscribe after a key cycle. Takes about 20 seconds. It may always have been like that as I've never really had that screen up or used Travel Link.

Peter
Peter, after it shows subscribed have you clicked on say weather, traffic or fuel prices to see if it brings them up? The one that work most often for me are movie times that I could care less about. And that's only if it decides to show subscribed.

Back