• Register Today It's free!

Driver side rear door won’t open.

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU EB
I had put the latch back on last week and removed the blown speaker. Everything was working fine until today when I replaced the speaker and got it back together only to find that I now can’t open.m the rear door. It looks like it’s stuck in the lock position and pulling up on the latch doesn’t do anything. Can’t depress it either. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing I can think of is to disassemble it again to see if something is out of place since it was working before you installed the speaker.

Peter

The only thing I can think of is to disassemble it again to see if something is out of place since it was working before you installed the speaker.

Peter
I would but I can’t get the door open 🙁

Got it. Spent an hour taking it apart from the inside. Will never forget to double check the plunger thingy again. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Not sure this would apply, but.... On my 2015 there are remote lock releases, accessible ONLY when you open the front door.

Not sure this would apply, but.... On my 2015 there are remote lock releases, accessible ONLY when you open the front door.
I saw that in another thread after I had fixed it. Not sure it would have worked because the plunger/latch thingy was stuck. There’s a part on the door card that’s suppose to go into the door to help hold it in place and it has gotten stuck under the latch keeping it from unlocking.

Back