Sync 21098 OTA Available | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 21098 OTA Available

And considering that mine's been working fine after downgrading, it's pretty clearly a software issue in my book. If you're interested in trying that out, drop a DM to UofMEngineer for additional information.

Ken
If any one goes that route, make sure to keep auto update and WIFI both turned off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I were to bet on it I would say a month yet. I think UofMEngineer thought late summer.

Yeah, late summer is what someone else reported from one of the cust. service folks. It always takes a bit of time for those to get through the process before the official updates go out. The other route some use to get updates will be available first I'm sure, per the norm.

21194 is available at Cyanlabs
Any reports so far if it fixed Travel Link?

And does any one know why or how Cyan Labs gets the updates before Ford releases them? Just wondering.

Updating now. I’m also updating to the newer Gracenotes and Voice file.

On my 18, I have not had issues with Travel Link.

System updated last night now Sirius XM is dead as a door nail. Any tips?

Try a quick APIM reset. On the 5th gen you hold the power button and forward seek until it restarts.

My Sirius updated this morning as well before I did the software update.

There are no tips Rick. It is an issue with the latest update affecting Travel Link. There are times when it will show you as 'Unsubscribed' to all features and at the next key cycle you could be 'Subscribed' to some. I only had the Sirius/XM Audio show 'Unsubscribed' once and the rest of the time it was okay but other features were not. Seems to differ from day to day. The only way to fix it currently is to go back to the last update. Ford is aware of the problem and it should be hopefully be resolved with the next update.
Are your maps at 2.20 now?

Peter

Maps are still 119.

Got Sirius back by doing a full reset. Now I only have two pages of channel memories and the option to enable more cannot be found.

Fixed that issue. I was looking everywhere, but in the Sirius settings for the extra pages.

Maps are still 119.

Got Sirius back by doing a full reset. Now I only have two pages of channel memories and the option to enable more cannot be found.
The map downloads will probably start happening soon and can a while. Have you checked your Travel Link subscriptions to see if you are 'Subscribed' to all of the features?

Peter

yeah 21194 is available at Cyanlabs
As Dale said, it hasn't been officially released by Ford. Once it is, you should see it in your account and I'm sure it will be announced here as well.

Peter

Cyanlabs community is reporting that 3.4.21194 does fix the TL issue. Official release from Ford is still pending...

But not by Ford. I for one don't want to use Cyan Labs.

It is odd that a third party source would have these files available before the official release. Makes me wonder if they are using Cyanlabs to do their beta testing.

It is odd that a third party source would have these files available before the official release. Makes me wonder if they are using Cyanlabs to do their beta testing.

I suspect this is the case. Not officially of course.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would say no, I bet someone with access to the files is making a little extra $$$ selling on the side...CyanLabs always has the files first but sometimes they are officially released right after even when bugs are discovered

Back