FORScan - Change from Canada to US | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORScan - Change from Canada to US

mkroell

Reaction score
City, State
Medford
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Plat
Hello fellow explorer enthusiasts.

I have an issue where the car I bought was imported from Canada and I didn't find out until I got home. I am trying to switch from the US to Canada because KPH can't be disabled. I've gotten the FORscan program and have been trying to change things like units, and region, etc. None of it seems to be taking effect and it actually reverted everything back to Metric for Odometer, trip, etc. Any change under IPC does not seem to make any difference though under the APIM I changed the splash screen and it did take effect. Any help getting back to imperial and disabling KPH once and for all is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum/
Have you tried checking the Owner's Manual? You can change Celsius to Fahrenheit. It seems like the Manual indicates you can change more than that.
Settings/General
Select this tile to adjust settings like
language, measurement units, or to reset
the system

Peter

Using the menu button on the right side of the steering wheel press the menu button. Look for the information setting and look for kilometer. Then either check or uncheck to get the display you want. I don't remember all the exact steps but it is there. Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum/
Have you tried checking the Owner's Manual? You can change Celsius to Fahrenheit. It seems like the Manual indicates you can change more than that.
Settings/General
Select this tile to adjust settings like
language, measurement units, or to reset
the system

Peter
Thanks, Peter. I did look in the manual, but it didn't look for units. Searched for Metric & kilometers. So now that fixed half the issue. Now I need to figure out how to disable KPH. Currently, I can only disable MPH. So I need to flip it to the US version where the option is to disble KPH.

It seems like once I changed anything on the IPC, it reset back to defaults, and nothing I change takes effect. I disconnect and reconnect FORscan and let it load without loading from a profile and my changes are there, but not showing on the screen.

Using the menu button on the right side of the steering wheel press the menu button. Look for the information setting and look for kilometer. Then either check or uncheck to get the display you want. I don't remember all the exact steps but it is there. Good luck.
Thanks, Dale. So there lays the main issue. That section shows to diable MPH only. on US cars the option shows KPH. I was hoping changing some of the country codes would change that.

Thanks, Dale. So there lays the main issue. That section shows to diable MPH only. on US cars the option shows KPH. I was hoping changing some of the country codes would change that.
Hey, I'm having the same issue and wondering if you ever figured out how to get rid of it. Mine was imported from Canada and not able to get rid of the KM/H.

Hey, I'm having the same issue and wondering if you ever figured out how to get rid of it. Mine was imported from Canada and not able to get rid of the KM/H.
Did you purchase from Ford Dealer? I would think the dealer can make the changes needed.

Did you purchase from Ford Dealer? I would think the dealer can make the changes needed.
It was purchased used from a Hyundai dealership. I've called a Ford dealer with no luck so far in getting it figured out.

FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on August 28, 2021, so likely is no longer following.

Peter

It was purchased used from a Hyundai dealership. I've called a Ford dealer with no luck so far in getting it figured out.
I would try different dealer and even try a Lincoln dealer. Instead of saying you bought it used, say you moved from Canada to USA. May make them a little more interested.

I would try different dealer and even try a Lincoln dealer. Instead of saying you bought it used, say you moved from Canada to USA. May make them a little more interested.
That may work if they don't look it up on their computer and the original owner isn't listed. I really don't see a need for it though. It can either be done or not.

Peter

I believe you need FDARS to do this

Back