Has anyone added a keyless entry keypad? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone added a keyless entry keypad?

atikovi

Reaction score
City, State
Mclean VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't mention fitting a 2015 Police Interceptor SUV. In checking fitments for other items, it has listed the Interceptor in addition to the retail Explorer.

Peter

That's what I've been doing but it gets hung up at step 25 and nothing happens. Wonder if it's because remote start is enabled?
And you have verified the communication type is set to 1?

I checked both types. I can try again and switch back.
Should work as long as you have done it correctly. Can't have anymore than four remotes including the keypad programmed. Though when you enter programming via the key method it should erase them all anyway. So as long as you are doing only up to 4 at once you should be good.

I added one on my 14 PIU. I also enabled remote start. You just program it like a normal keyfob. I had no trouble with mine but mine looks different. My numbers are angled not parallel.

And you have verified the communication type is set to 1?
It was set to 2, but if I set it to 1, then go back and check what it is, it would be 2 again every time I tried to set it to 1. In other words, type 1 wouldn't stick. I played around with it some more trying some other buttons during the reset until finally I get it to stick with type 1. So now it's working.

I added one on my 14 PIU. I also enabled remote start. You just program it like a normal keyfob. I had no trouble with mine but mine looks different. My numbers are angled not parallel.
Do you remember the part number? Maybe it's the older style.

I purchased these keys and this keypad for my 14 PIU. Part no. ES7Z-14A626-A.
Yea, I think that's the older version kit. The current style uses a more simplified font and has an LED above the 9-0 button.

504e13151ffac7b735c67cbe3f771fb2.gif

Hey did you ever get this programmed WITHOUT going to the dealership?

Note for anyone looking at this thread in the future, I was able to get the older version keypad 7L2Z-14A626-BA working for my 2012 Ford Explorer Base model without bringing it in to the dealership, following the instructions as previously mentioned in this thread.

Back