• Register Today It's free!

2021 explorer ST order status

Abhiford

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021, explorer , ST
is anybody aware what is delivery timeline of factory ordered explorer ST 2021 model. I ordered in June 2021.still have not received vin number

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is anybody aware what is delivery timeline of factory ordered explorer ST 2021 model. I ordered in June 2021.still have not received vin number
I ordered a 2021 Platinum on 6/23 and received a vin the next day. Build day is scheduled for 9/7 currently. Dealer told me I got lucky to get picked up that quick but you should definitely have a vin now.

Ford’s Weekly scheduling notes from Tuesday detailing the balance out:
  • 21MY Explorer Balance Out – Final 21MY Explorer orders are due on Thursday, August 26. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, August 26th
I would contact your dealer and start asking questions.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did the dealer ever provide you with the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, commonly referred to as DORA?

Peter

I ordered mine April 19th & only got the VIN at the end of June. I was told it would be built the week of Aug 2 then it got pushed back to this week. The dealer said I should have it by October.

I ordered mine April 19th & only got the VIN at the end of June. I was told it would be built the week of Aug 2 then it got pushed back to this week. The dealer said I should have it by October.
Let's hope it doesn't get pushed back again.

Peter

Did the dealer ever provide you with the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, commonly referred to as DORA?

Peter
Yes I have got a receipt from the dealer as wel for my order.

I ordered a 2021 Platinum on 6/23 and received a vin the next day. Build day is scheduled for 9/7 currently. Dealer told me I got lucky to get picked up that quick but you should definitely have a vin now.
Ok.my dealer is saying 2021 might be greyed out . I will get 2022 instead . Dealer is currently fighting with Ford to not get the price raised for 2022 for my order . He said they have 7-8 customers like that who are stuck with due to production getting greyed out for 2021 now.

Let us know how the dealer makes out with the pricing. That would be an interesting item. The last order date was June 25th so you cut it pretty close. Dates are always 'subject to change'. Perhaps there were more orders ahead of you than the system could push through for 2021 production.
Did the dealer give you the price on the 2022? The Ford site still only shows the 2021 ST.

Peter

Just got an update (from dealer) that mine just went into production today!

Dealer modified one of their existing orders from 4/12/21. Hoping it's a new build and not something they're installing a chip on after initial production.

Stinks that we won't get Sync4 with the almost 22 models. LOL

Let us know how the dealer makes out with the pricing. That would be an interesting item. The last order date was June 25th so you cut it pretty close. Dates are always 'subject to change'. Perhaps there were more orders ahead of you than the system could push through for 2021 production.
Did the dealer give you the price on the 2022? The Ford site still only shows the 2021 ST.

Peter
Nope. I have not got the price from dealer yet for 2022. But he said he will try to accommodate within the price range which was decided for 2021. I placed my order in July 5th 2021.

Nope. I have not got the price from dealer yet for 2022. But he said he will try to accommodate within the price range which was decided for 2021. I placed my order in July 5th 2021.
In your initial post you mentioned that you ordered in June. If you ordered July 5th, the order bank was closed. Last date to order was June 25th.
That would explain why the order did not go through and would make it doubtful that Ford would agree to adjust the price. The dealer could.

Peter

In your initial post you mentioned that you ordered in June. If you ordered July 5th, the order bank was closed. Last date to order was June 25th.
That would explain why the order did not go through and would make it doubtful that Ford would agree to adjust the price. The dealer could.

Peter
Yeah I thought it was June end . But later when I checked the receipt it was in July 5th When I ordered . But if Ford could have not processed my order then shouldn’t the dealer refuse to order 2021 while booking the car very beginning ? I guess dealer should have suggested me that they cannot take any more 2021 orders . But I did not get any such suggestions from dealer while booking the order.

Sometimes members here are more informed than the salesmen. I was more surprised that you actually received the DORA from Ford on the 2021 order. They should have caught the error and sent the order back.

Peter

Sometimes members here are more informed than the salesmen. I was more surprised that you actually received the DORA from Ford on the 2021 order. They should have caught the error and sent the order back.

Peter
I spoke to the dealer today , he said that surely it cannot be 2021 anymore . right now Feb 2021 orders are being manufactured and delivered .

They only came to know about this in the month of August 2021 that 2021 won’t be manufactured any more . Since my order is of 5th July ,it can take upto December 2021 or Jan 2022 atleast . They are still fighting on the pricing that it doesn’t gets increased for orders which have been already placed. And details about this pricing will be known not before October .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spoke to the dealer today , he said that surely it cannot be 2021 anymore . right now Feb 2021 orders are being manufactured and delivered .

They only came to know about this in the month of August 2021 that 2021 won’t be manufactured any more . Since my order is of 5th July ,it can take upto December 2021 or Jan 2022 atleast . They are still fighting on the pricing that it doesn’t gets increased for orders which have been already placed. And details about this pricing will be known not before October .
That's odd that everyone is saying that Ford has stopped 2021 orders before August as I just order a 2021 Explorer Limited on August 28th 2021 and was told that ordering a 2022 would take longer to receive than a 2021, of course it's only September 9th so I don't have a VIN yet the dealer said I probably won't see one till October, but the order went in as a 2021 with 2021 incentives that a 2022 doesn't have at least not yet, but since there isn't much changing from 2021 to 22 models I went ahead with a 2021 order

Back