new navigation update NA 1 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new navigation update NA 1 20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems the map versions for Sync V3.0 and V3.4 (6th gen) are different. V3.4 is currently NA 2.20. I don't know if it means that the maps are different or just the version number for the same map. :dunno:

Peter

I downloaded maps for a vehicle last night. The autoinstall file is setup in correctly so I fixed that (pointed it at the correct file name for the license) but it errors out and says the license file is invalid so they are having issues for sure that need to be ironed out. @stillmarried did you download and update yours?

I downloaded maps for a vehicle last night. The autoinstall file is setup in correctly so I fixed that (pointed it at the correct file name for the license) but it errors out and says the license file is invalid so they are having issues for sure that need to be ironed out. @stillmarried did you download and update yours?
I bought the USB drive for $149, so I will test the install when I receive delivery of the USB drive in the mail.

Update: I downloaded the map update and the process worked fine, update completed in about 50 minutes, the map shows NA 2/20 instead of the original purchase version of NA 1/20. There are some nearby new housing development that started since the previous 2019 maps and the new map update now shows those streets on the updated navigation map.

I emailed them today regarding my issue and got a reply back within minutes. I then provided detailed information and what the problems were. I haven't heard back but I re-downloaded things about an hour ago and everything is fixed. Doing the update right now.

I bought the USB drive for $149, so I will test the install when I receive delivery of the USB drive in the mail.
They had to re-do the download as it was wrong and they sent emails out last night that it had to be re-downloaded. Hopefully your USB will work first time around and the download issue wasn't carried over to purchased USBs.

is this for any version under 3.4
I have a 2017 limited that I would like to update the maps

is this for any version under 3.4
I have a 2017 limited that I would like to update the maps
If you have a 17 with 3.4 that means you hacked it. You can’t use any legit updates from Ford anymore

FYI, the 6th gen with V3.4 has lately provided Over The Air updates for NA 2.20 maps.

Peter

I got around to downloading and installing the update in my 19 Explorer. Took about an hour and 20 minutes. Have NA 2 20. Sync 3.0 build 20204. Map shows some new roads in my area so guess all is good. Just have to remember to put the lic download file in the SyncMyDrive folder.

Thanks guys, just installed this from the Ford site using my USB thumbdrive. Now I have maps NA 2 20. Sync 3.0 build 20204. Took right at a hour to install.

Thanks guys, just installed this from the Ford site using my USB thumbdrive. Now I have maps NA 2 20. Sync 3.0 build 20204. Took right at a hour to install.
Time to get SYNC 3.4 in that EXP.

Time to get SYNC 3.4 in that EXP.
Nah, 3.0 works fine. I use AA most the time anyways, I don't feel like going through all the aggravation for minor UI change.

Honestly I wish Alpine or Kenwood made a different touchscreen nav setup for the 19 explorer with a 8-9" screen and new bezel surround,, like they do other fords.

FYI, the 6th gen with V3.4 has lately provided Over The Air updates for NA 2.20 maps.

Peter
My 2020 mkz automatically updated the software, but not the new maps

Is there something I need to do?

I don't actually know. My map update began automatically after the software update completed. Not right away if I recall but shortly thereafter. Perhaps the next day. Timeline is sort of fuzzy now but the download in my case took I believe the better part of 2 days. It could have been due to the WiFi connection. A member on the Lincoln forum, I believe, mentioned that this is actually a WiFi update and not an OTA update which would not need a WiFi connection. Semantics??

Peter

Maps via WiFI will take a very long time. Just download the map update from Ford and do it via USB.

Back