Big White - Ford Racing Powerdyne Installation Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big White - Ford Racing Powerdyne Installation Thread

Is that a 1 row radiator
I'd go 2row
But that may affect your fan
I see its inside the rad
Loving the pictures
I believe it’s the same exact one like what came stock in 2000 - which I believe is a two row.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The cooling systems on these Explorers is very very good, the size of the radiator is so large that they made them half size beginning in the 1999 model. So you should be fine with that radiator. The thicker one has the core match the thickness of the tanks. Just be sure the fan shroud is up against the fins all the way around, so no air gets around it from the backside.

In really high heat with a large bumper or other things blocking the grill inlet, then any radiator has a hard time.

Now waiting for Supercharger to intake, MAF to Supercharger (custom fabbed) piping as well as the controller for the Ford Contour dual efan we installed yesterday.
C0292182-B83D-4B31-88FA-F81750F6BE0E.jpeg

So, while waiting for a few things such as supercharger intake piping, etc - decided to do a test 1st start to see if this thing would even run on a 1st attempt. Keep in mind, no tune as of yet, 56lb injectors, 1" intake spacer, 80mm intake elbow, 75mm TB, Contour Efan Cooling, 255 lph fuel pump, Powerdyne (not plumbed in yet) and for the test - temp connected up the stock MAF with a tube instead of the 90MM MAF for the final install.

Result - it started on the 1st attempt and even idled. A bit rough but much better than expected. No leaks. Also can tell the XP8 Borla Exhaust is going to have a nice sound with some of the minor mods we made to the exhaust system.

I am going to throw up a clip on the Big White Facebook page shortly.

New inlet and outlet pipes fabbed up by RJ’s Custom Piping for the Ford Motorsport SVO Powerdyne supercharger installation on Big White Ford Explorer

C967C565-A8D7-46C1-BECA-67343B016A1B.jpeg

Wow, Nice!

You must be getting close.
Yes - very close. Going to Tuner in a week or so hopefully. One thing I can say, it sounds great - even at this early stage!

Ford Motorsport SVO Powerdyne Supercharger kit - custom fabricated stainless steel supercharger outlet to 75mm Throttle Body tube installed on Big White Ford Explorer
58F7C38E-44F0-43F8-B30A-EFF0C21D95D3.jpeg

Are you planning to have an air cleaner to protect the air filter, and for cooler air? I would box that in for sure and pull air from the front hole in the rad. support.

Are you planning to have an air cleaner to protect the air filter, and for cooler air? I would box that in for sure and pull air from the front hole in the rad. support.
We are still working on it.

We are still working on it.

I'd like to think I could weld stainless that good, likely beyond me now................That intake tubing is a work of art. I appreciate the details you are putting into your rig.

Did you get the Flowkooler water pump?

Ford Motorsport SVO Powerdyne Supercharger installation (ready for the tuner) - Big White Ford Explorer (2000 2nd Generation Ford Explorer)

So everything with the installation is pretty much complete. Toying with fabricating a enclosure for the air filter but haven’t finished with that yet. Everything else is ready for the tuner so we can see what kind of numbers this project has produced. 🤞

35041E2F-54E3-49DB-9CA6-BD4F1CE60310.jpeg

That looks amazing.

I ran up to 8 or 9lbs with a Powerdyne on a 351W Bronco. What sort of boost pressure are you looking for or expecting?

Currently at 7.5lbs boost, I am running 20 degrees of timing and 11.4:1 fuel.......tuning is fun! Good luck!

I ran up to 8 or 9lbs with a Powerdyne on a 351W Bronco. What sort of boost pressure are you looking for or expecting?

Currently at 7.5lbs boost, I am running 20 degrees of timing and 11.4:1 fuel.......tuning is fun! Good luck!
Thinking with the new pulley it will be 8 lbs. I guess we will see at the tuner. I agree - probably will be fun. Hoping that this will produce good numbers.!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good I'm jealous ;)

Back