2021 explorer ST order status | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 explorer ST order status

In your initial post you mentioned that you ordered in June. If you ordered July 5th, the order bank was closed. Last date to order was June 25th.
That would explain why the order did not go through and would make it doubtful that Ford would agree to adjust the price. The dealer could.

Peter
I just placed a order for a exploer Limited 2021 on August 28th so I don't know how a dealer could take a order in August if the last order Ford was taking was June 25th, even if the dealers are behind a little than the community at large I would think they'd be up to date 2 months later

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Pat. :wave:
I would be surprised if your order for a 2021 would actually result in a 2021 model year being built. I don't know why the dealer took the order unless perhaps knowing it would be too late that they would get you into a 2022. :dunno: I guess that some dealers just don't like turning down a potential deal.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Pat. :wave:
I would be surprised if your order for a 2021 would actually result in a 2021 model year being built. I don't know why the dealer took the order unless perhaps knowing it would be too late that they would get you into a 2022. :dunno: I guess that some dealers just don't like turning down a potential deal.

Peter
Well I actually went into the dealer planing 9n ordering a 2022 as they just started taking 2022 orders but the salesman I was dealing with told me he could still order 2021 and that by ordering a 2021 would get me the explorer faster as they were going to fill 2021 orders before starting 2022's

We'll see how that turns out. :)

Well I just got my VIN number and acceptance date of August 29th and Ford's tracking site shows the order acceptance and the window sticker, it's obviously not in production stage yet as it's only been ~2 weeks, but the window sticker shown is the Explorer limited with the options I choose on it along with the MSRP we were told, nice thing is once it's finished shipping will be short since I live in the Chicago land area which is where they are manufactured, so just a short truck drive away

Ford’s Weekly scheduling notes from Tuesday detailing the balance out:
  • 21MY Explorer Balance Out – Final 21MY Explorer orders are due on Thursday, August 26. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, August 26th
I would contact your dealer and start asking questions.
Well this must be misinformation as I ordered mine on the 28th of August and the order was excepted on the 29th and I have the VIN that Ford's tracking site shows the window sticker for it, of course it's not in production yet but once it's ready for shipment it won't take long to arrive since they are built here in Chicago

Well, good luck but check post #19.

Well, good luck but check post #19.
I would have to think that post is misinformed, as I'm more likely to believe my dealer and Ford's own build site which shows the window sticker with model year and trim level and the options and color I choose with the same MSRP that we agreed on on the sticker

I would have to think that post is misinformed, as I'm more likely to believe my dealer and Ford's own build site which shows the window sticker with model year and trim level and the options and color I choose with the same MSRP that we agreed on on the stickerView attachment 342406
According to the window sticker it will be built on 9/17! Congratulations.

I would have to think that post is misinformed, as I'm more likely to believe my dealer and Ford's own build site which shows the window sticker with model year and trim level and the options and color I choose with the same MSRP that we agreed on on the sticker
Let's hope you are right.

Peter

Just got an update (from dealer) that mine just went into production today!

Dealer modified one of their existing orders from 4/12/21. Hoping it's a new build and not something they're installing a chip on after initial production.

Stinks that we won't get Sync4 with the almost 22 models. LOL
I really don't see that much improvement over the sync-3, for one I never use voice control I had to hack my Samsung to stop Bixby from popping up and I disabled Google voice control on the phone as I absolutely hate voice control won't even use it on my xfinity, my xfinity voice remote sits in a cabinet I use my Logitech harmony 650, and as far as real time traffic Google maps dose that fine, and I would not use wireless android as Bluetooth uses a losey compression system where hard wired your getting full range of using flac or alac, I don't rip music with losey compression I always use lossless and yeah it maybe more seamless software upgrade but it's not very hard to use your phone to run the upgrade, and I will not be subscribed to either sirus or Ford's AT&T wifi both a waste of money

The first thing I do in the car is plug in my phone to USB. Wireless BT with Sync-4 is not a big deal.
Yeah that and I have the lowest end Samsung Galaxy and it doesn't do wireless charging so I have to plug it in to charge

I wonder if Ford has prebuilt Explorers that are sitting at a lot missing the backordered chips, and they’re fulfilling some orders quicker by installing the chips on those units.

I wonder if Ford has prebuilt Explorers that are sitting at a lot missing the backordered chips, and they’re fulfilling some orders quicker by installing the chips on those units.
Although I doubt it, I could see the possibility if they were built for dealers, but not for custom orders.

Peter

Back