EB4X

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orange county, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer 4X 4.0 ohv
Hey gang,
Leaf springs are not "my game" so going to drop off at a shop likely...but want to get parts myself.
Anybody know where to get the bushings / sleaves circled In yellow for my 95/96 design?
Part numbers would be great.
Due to the vast difference between top and bottom ones - as illustrated in pic...these ones on link> Bushing kit don't seem right.
Also, being I just need these ones done urgently (for now) is this job do-able by just C-clamping the upper lower leaf springs in current position and then "sneaking" bushings in by removing side plate etc?....appears to be that way...or too dangerous without proper clamp / setup ?
L SPRING.jpg

That is an aftermarket helper spring setup called "super springs". It is not factory to the truck.

That is an aftermarket helper spring setup called "super springs". It is not factory to the truck.
Great ( Now I remember discussion on this waaay back) So I'm guessing it's going to be near impossible to find the correct bushings for it.
Isn't the bottom spring pictured (part of stock grouping) going to use the same bushing on that spot as stock setup?

If you take them to a spring shop, they should be able to source the correct bushings.

OEM Explorer leaf springs are 2.5" wide

Back