What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JSWarell I appreciate you getting back to me. Maybe I better look at some more threads on it. I don't know maybe it could've a project for me say ten years down the road. I just have a lot to do to the SUV first that I am not looking forward to. Honestly I think it will get put off for a while. I had a 2000 Mountaineer that had a fancy rear view mirror. I think I kinda hope to have something like it again. Hope your having a good weekend man.

I brought the Wonder Wagon over to my great neighbor down the street - after parking it and having him warn me, I had a low tire! Low is an understatement - it had a screw in the tread and was basically flat! Noticed nothing while driving the short trip beforehand. Well, he not only put in a plug, but inflated all the tires to the same pressure. Refused all payment except a case of his fave beer! Some people are just so helpful! Really dodged an expensive bullet too! Yesterday, I was going to install the replacement window motor I got from Ebay, only to find this one also doesn't respond to 12v on the terminals....

I removed the bulky fiberglass fender flairs and steps off of my 91. Getting it ready for a repaint, lift and 33s.

1DFBF669-340F-4747-8DE0-C18037CE5107.jpeg

U
Let's hear what you accomplished today!

I'll start!

Balmy high of 20 today, so I figured I would take advantage of it and try to get my heater working.

Drained coolant -> looks like a new radiator/heatercore/hoses is in my future
Replaced t-stat
Replaced serpentine belt, tensioner and idle pulley
Removed smashed headlight bucket/bezel
Removed broken door card
Repaired drivers window bushings
Replaced drivers door pins -> scratched some paint :thumbdwn:

New car that my grandfather gifted me; this forum has been a great help while I wait on my service manuals to show up.

So...?
Let's hear what you accomplished today!

I'll start!

Balmy high of 20 today, so I figured I would take advantage of it and try to get my heater working.

Drained coolant -> looks like a new radiator/heatercore/hoses is in my future
Replaced t-stat
Replaced serpentine belt, tensioner and idle pulley
Removed smashed headlight bucket/bezel
Removed broken door card
Repaired drivers window bushings
Replaced drivers door pins -> scratched some paint :thumbdwn:

New car that my grandfather gifted me; this forum has been a great help while I wait on my service manuals to show up.

So...?
Replaced my driver's door bushings today with the help of my neighbor and my driver's window motor quit working so I'll be back in a few days with a update on how that goes lol

I removed the bulky fiberglass fender flairs and steps off of my 91. Getting it ready for a repaint, lift and 33s.

View attachment 342483
That's an early 91. It's got those faux bolt center caps. What's the build date on it? That's about as unusual as 2WDs with full wheel covers on steel wheels.

I gave mine a pat pat pat when I walked around it in the garage and told it "Soon, soon" I think it gets impatient waiting around for me to drive it somewhere, anywhere.

I gave mine a pat pat pat when I walked around it in the garage and told it "Soon, soon" I think it gets impatient waiting around for me to drive it somewhere, anywhere.
I feel ya. Soon, I'll have some stuff to say about my explorers, but first I've got several old car projects to finish first. I can't wait to get back on my explorer projects.

That's an early 91. It's got those faux bolt center caps. What's the build date on it? That's about as unusual as 2WDs with full wheel covers on steel wheels.
That one is 08/90 but I have this 4wd 91 with a build date of 04/90 with a very low vin.

B0DA08F1-A74D-487C-9F84-026887628489.jpeg

CA53AAFA-F2F4-468E-8240-1175D0D3FBDB.jpeg

That one is 08/90 but I have this 4wd 91 with a build date of 04/90 with a very low vin.

View attachment 342565

View attachment 342566
That's cool. Those seats! I've never seen one with that style seat fabric. That's original? It appears to be. I have a 2dr Eddie Bauer with an early build date. I think it's 07/90. The EB seats in it are leftover Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer seats. I'll have to look the next time I'm at my storage facility. Attached is an older pic. It's got very little rust, which is a big deal around here. Northern KY.

13.jpg

That's cool. Those seats! I've never seen one with that style seat fabric. That's original? It appears to be. I have a 2dr Eddie Bauer with an early build date. I think it's 07/90. The EB seats in it are leftover Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer seats. I'll have to look the next time I'm at my storage facility. Attached is an older pic. It's got very little rust, which is a big deal around here. Northern KY.

View attachment 342567
That’s really cool. I dig it!

The seats are actually 100% mint under the Ford factory seat covers! Lol. It tripped me out to when I bought it. The center console has a cover on it as well.

That’s really cool. I dig it!

The seats are actually 100% mint under the Ford factory seat covers! Lol. It tripped me out to when I bought it. The center console has a cover on it as well.
Thanks man.

Wow, that's super cool. That machine is in good shape. Those seats looked dead on the same style as the same period LTDs and other Ford cars. That's why I thought it might be a really early production feature that changed early on.

Trail lead and tail gunned some groups during the Dakota Territory Challenge a few weekends ago, put the 92' through it's paces I really need to ditch the rear LS for some sort of selectable locker!!

That looks like a fun trail. I always liked tail gunning more than trail leading. You get to watch everyone wheel, and enjoy the scenery more.

I would suggest a Detroit locker. I have had mine in my 1994 for 15+ years now and it still functions perfectly. The only thing you have to pay attention to on pavement is accelerating from a stop while making sharp right or left turns because the inside tire will chirp. Powertrax No Slip is a good lunchbox locker if you are on a budget. I think mine only failed because I had 5:13 gears and we had to trim the center pin down on one side to get it installed. I got a new one under warranty and sold it to help finance the Detroit. Selectable lockers get real expensive. I have a elocker in my D44 front axle and it has also functioned perfectly since 2013. Had a ARB in my D35 TTB before that, and that was old when I got it. Worked great, but sometimes it wouldn't want to unlock right away.

How much air pressure is in your tires while on the trail? Airing down (15-18lbs) really makes a huge difference in traction.

The seats are actually 100% mint under the Ford factory seat covers
Is there any identifier for those seats? Most uncommon seating i have seen yet, second is the bench seat of which I have een 3. Have the original sales slip? neato. & your dash is so cleanclean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there any identifier for those seats? Most uncommon seating i have seen yet, second is the bench seat of which I have een 3. Have the original sales slip? neato. & your dash is so cleanclean.
No but here’s the back seats. The fronts match this pattern. The fronts are very similar to the ranger seats in 90/91.

78E714C4-19B6-4394-98C1-D2CA256C1456.jpeg

Back