No power detected 2020 factory installed 7-pin connector. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No power detected 2020 factory installed 7-pin connector.

jragones

Reaction score
City, State
PORTSMOUTH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Is 12v power supplied full time on a 2020 Explorer factory installed 7-pin towing electical connector? My Echo bluetooth brake controller requires 12v power as does emergency braking battery. I cannot detect power and LED does not show connection when plugged in. Does the power mode need to be selected to "towing mode" and a trailer connected for it to send 12v power to power terminal? Far too complicated IMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check fuse #57 under the hood. If it's good you might need to check with your dealer.

Check fuse #57 under the hood. If it's good you might need to check with your dealer.
Thanks. I'll check. car is a month old... crappy fuse then. Ha ha

Or if it's not there. I've seen this issue else where but the OP never reported if he got it resolved so I'm guessing here. I don't tow with mine so I've never checked it.

Is 12v power supplied full time on a 2020 Explorer factory installed 7-pin towing electical connector? My Echo bluetooth brake controller requires 12v power as does emergency braking battery. I cannot detect power and LED does not show connection when plugged in. Does the power mode need to be selected to "towing mode" and a trailer connected for it to send 12v power to power terminal? Far too complicated IMO.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Fuse there and I good. Cap world guys said he always has to run a power wire to the 7-pin black power lead point when he installs hard wire brake controller. Going to check with Ford...

Back