Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Wasn't the Engine Noise Enhancement only present in Sport mode?

"Unique electronic sound enhancement
in Sport Selectable Drive Mode."

Peter
i thought so too but I 100% heard a difference in normal mode in the 2020. Is there an official statement somewhere contradicting this? Since I had a 2020 that had the feng removed when I got right in a 2021 the normal mode definitly had a piped in sound in the cabin, and even more aggressive in sport. As I said when I toggled the FORScan option in the 21, all modes were definitely changed , including normal. I only drive in normal and sport, so can’t really say the others changed at all, but definitely normal and sport for sure. Both are same (quiet) now and normal never was this quiet, it had a slight rumble. Sport was always obnoxious but quiet now - ready for real exhaust

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI, my quote was taken from the 2021 Owner's Manual. It is the same in the 2020 Manual.

Peter

Which OS do most people use with Forscan? Windows, Android, iOS? Is there any difference in features between the Windows and Android interfaces?

Windows 10 here, running on a 15" Dell Inspiron. I don't think I'd want to try it on a smart phone.

@PlatinumOwner it appears the document is messed up - saying "Versions of the spreadsheet are out of sync. As soon as the owner picks a version, you'll be able to open it."

Can you fix it? I'm trying to view it now.

@PlatinumOwner it appears the document is messed up - saying "Versions of the spreadsheet are out of sync. As soon as the owner picks a version, you'll be able to open it."

Can you fix it? I'm trying to view it now.
Welcome to the Forum Chris. :wave:

Peter

Hello, newly registered but been reading for a while... I am wondering if anyone has looked into how to make the doors not lock when the car moves. Or if at least the doors will unlock when you put it in park without having to open the drivers door. Already got rid of the double honk b.s. and would LOVE to get it to shut off the stop/start stupidity as well but reading through it hasn't stuck yet. Wondering about the door lock because we had an issue last winter were the doors look when you get over 12 mph but then wouldn't unlock at all. Lock button didn't do it, door handle didn't do it, nothing. Had to crawl over to the passenger side to get out. Dealer was 2 months out to even look at it and wouldn't order anything without an inspection. It's a bit of a pain when your 6 hours from the dealer... Anyway, don't want it to happen again this year so was wondering if anyone had looked into it all. Thanks.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
From what I can see, there is no setting to disable Autolock. The only settings, (enable/disable) seem to be for Auto Unlock. The door not unlocking issue you mentioned has not previously been reported as far as I can recall. As far as the dealer not ordering parts without an inspection makes perfect sense to me since the cause of the problem couldn't be determined. Perhaps the folks familiar with FORScan can advise if the Autolock function can be changed. Did you get the door lock issue repaired and if so what was the problem?

Peter

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
From what I can see, there is no setting to disable Autolock. The only settings, (enable/disable) seem to be for Auto Unlock. The door not unlocking issue you mentioned has not previously been reported as far as I can recall. As far as the dealer not ordering parts without an inspection makes perfect sense to me since the cause of the problem couldn't be determined. Perhaps the folks familiar with FORScan can advise if the Autolock function can be changed. Did you get the door lock issue repaired and if so what was the problem?

Peter
When I talked to the dealer about it they said they had had a couple do the same thing and their solution was to just replace the whole lock and cable mechanism. Still they wouldn't order it until they saw it. Anyway.... I opened they door up and blew out all the cable sheaths and silicone lubed everything I could get to. I didn't have any issues the rest of the winter and hopefully won't this one either as they are backed up even further now a days....

OK, I wanted to add keyless entry to my 2021 PIU 3.0L EB. So I downloaded the Body Control Module AB data and saved it before and after the key fobs were added by the dealer. From what I can tell, Blocks 51, 52, 53, and 54, hold "Remote Accessory" data just like what is on the F150 BCM chart. What I can't figure out is how one would add in the key fobs on their own. Each Ford key fob had a unique identifier on it that had to be punched into the FDRS to activate them.

I compared Block 51 and 52 and looked for repeating patterns, values that were present in both blocks, etc. I also looked at the unique identifiers of each remote in the hopes of seeing where the data is put in. I was unable to figure out any kind of way to put the key fob into the address spaces in the various blocks. Additionally I don't know which key fob goes into which block. I am thinking that the last address space in each block is some kind of check sum. Maybe you guys can figure it out:

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 1.35.20 PM.png

Is there any compilation of all the possible settings for the 2020-2022 explorer and how to set it?

Is there any compilation of all the possible settings for the 2020-2022 explorer and how to set it?
Welcome to the Forum from a former Nederlander. :wave:

Peter

Has any one had any luck finding which module the lane change signal flash intervals can be changed? In the 19MY it was found in SCCM 724-01-01. That module and address do not correspond to my 2021 ST. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Has any one had any luck finding which module the lane change signal flash intervals can be changed? In the 19MY it was found in SCCM 724-01-01. That module and address do not correspond to my 2021 ST. Any direction would be much appreciated.
I've looked and looked. I've heard it's been turned off/disabled. I was able to do this on my '15 Mustang, but not on the '19 Escape or the '20 Explorer. Sure would like to change it to four or five flashes.

Thanks Mike. I just changed it to 7 on my dad's 2021 F-150. It is very annoying why they would get rid of it in some models and not others. 3 flashes is definitely not enough in my book.

Thanks Mike. I just changed it to 7 on my dad's 2021 F-150. It is very annoying why they would get rid of it in some models and not others. 3 flashes is definitely not enough in my book.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I totally agree about the 3 flashes but will Iive with it.

Peter

Seven may be too many. You may accidentally fool someone into thinking you're turning right if an intersection is nearing.

I appreciate the input and I would agree 5-6 would be sufficient, but my dad is a slow lane changer and really only uses it on the highway :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roger that. I try to use mine whenever it's needed. I kinda noticed that five flashes ill-timed might make someone think it was a turn signal, not a lane-change.

Back