2000 Sport OD light not working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Sport OD light not working

The shock you are getting is static, 12 volts won’t give you a noticeable shock.

The drivers door hinge is a common place wiring will break. Not sure if any of that is on the circuit for fuse 27, however.

The shock you are getting is static, 12 volts won’t give you a noticeable shock.

The drivers door hinge is a common place wiring will break. Not sure if any of that is on the circuit for fuse 27, however.
Far as I know the only thing on fuse 27 are the reverse lamps, the electric shift/O.D., and it runs through the Transmission Range Sensor that's mounted on the side of the trans where the shift cable hooks up.

I checked the tail lights and found nothing.

I need to get under there and unplug the connector from the range sensor and look at the pins and trace the wires far as I can.

I have the old range sensor from a trans I changed out a few years ago, if I can't find a short anywhere I'm going to swap out the sensor to see if it might be in the sensor it's self. That is unless there's a way to do a continuity test from the connector.

Back