• Register Today It's free!

2013 PIU Radio question

MartinLG3

Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Explorer PIU
Just purchased a 2013 PIU and I cant seem to get the radio to work. The only buttons that work on the head unit are MENU and CLOCK. I got FORSCAN and a cable but cant see anything that would fix the issue, reset the RTM but no luck. Is this a factory option to disable the radio in these units? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think that's an option. Just making sure, you've hit the power button in the center of the volume knob? Turned up the volume? Does the screen show anything, like a radio station? Or black? Or just the clock?

I don't think that's an option. Just making sure, you've hit the power button in the center of the volume knob? Turned up the volume? Does the screen show anything, like a radio station? Or black? Or just the clock?
Yep, pressing the power button, it blinks like it’s coming on but nothing works. Just shows date and time banner across the top. Tried replacing the receiver but that didn’t help either.

Just purchased a 2013 PIU and I cant seem to get the radio to work. The only buttons that work on the head unit are MENU and CLOCK. I got FORSCAN and a cable but cant see anything that would fix the issue, reset the RTM but no luck. Is this a factory option to disable the radio in these units? TIA
Do you have Sync? 4" screen?

Peter

Back