5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Can we talk about your hood for a few minutes? That looks very sharp and I'm curious where this was acquired at.
Yes, the hood is from Amerihood. It's actually a real ram air hood. Underneath it's open right on top of where the airbox is. I had a cold air intake on it. The bottom is also finished as nice as the top. All factory are made to fit right on, washers, latches, hinges. I just actually just got their first one for my 17' Sport. Sitting in my garage waiting to go to the body shop to be fit and painted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20211016_201121.jpg
20200726_135748.jpg
20200726_135810.jpg

Just a few pictures. The painted is on my 14' and the new one is for the 17' Sport. They almost look the same. This at least gives you an idea of what they look like. I'm extremely picky and the quality is premium fit and finish. I like to give kudos where its deserved. Here's a phone# 909-248-2700
ATI Racing/AmeriHood
I was also talking to them about making a hood like the Raptor set up for Explorers.

Can we talk about your hood for a few minutes? That looks very sharp and I'm curious where this was acquired at.

Peter

Hey guys, new to the forum. Just picked up a 2015 Metallic Gray XLT for my wife. I got my Raptor in 2012 and have loved it so much, it seemed a good idea to stay in the Ford family.

Anyway, in the Raptor world, we install aftermarket lighting. In fact, we install A LOT!!! Suffice to say, I'm used to lighting up the night.

I dig the HIDs the Exploder has, but I feel it needs more. I'm thinking about installing my Rigid 20" LED bar behind the lower grill. I've done some searching but haven't seen anyone attempt this on a 5th gen truck. Am I just missing it or has someone attempted it.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

View attachment 296417
I have a 2014 with a Setina Push Bar.
I just purchased a light bar and plan on putting that on the flat section in the middle.
I just had the PIU delivered the other day so I haven't had any chance to look at things or tweak it yet with this miserable weather.
I do not believe that I have fog lights so I will install them on each side of the light bar.
It would be nice if someone rented out bays to work on vehicles. Electric but no lifts, no tools, nothing but a dry area to work on the vehicle

.....................................It would be nice if someone rented out bays to work on vehicles. Electric but no lifts, no tools, nothing but a dry area to work on the vehicle
Have you actually checked for those? I just did a Google search and came up with several places that rent out garage bays.

Peter

Have you actually checked for those? I just did a Google search and came up with several places that rent out garage bays.

Peter
Just found one a town over but it isn't in the best of areas.

I have two of these light bars sitting in my garage now, mounted to a Setina push bar if anyone is considering an upgrade... Let me know and I can provide more details on the install like

well I finished my little project with help of some examples here. I installed the drivebright DRL but did not like the black side of it against my standard silver grill so I plasti coated it, leaving the chrome strips intact and placed a black and chrome Ford logo in place of the blue stock one.. I also put in a 22" LED light bar on the bottom of the bumper. I had purchased a bull bar 2 years ago but could not bring myself to mount it, did not like the look for my truck. If I had done the LED lbar on the top of the bumper behind the grill I would have lost some of the output due to the narrow opening (I could have used a single row but had this in stock and it puts out more light). First picture, before is a stock off of the internet as I never think to take pics before or during.
KdGufX3.jpg

e4GkJpl.jpg

CBuJ5uo.jpg

WEMgQWk.jpg

well I finished my little project with help of some examples here. I installed the drivebright DRL but did not like the black side of it against my standard silver grill so I plasti coated it, leaving the chrome strips intact and placed a black and chrome Ford logo in place of the blue stock one.. I also put in a 22" LED light bar on the bottom of the bumper. I had purchased a bull bar 2 years ago but could not bring myself to mount it, did not like the look for my truck. If I had done the LED lbar on the top of the bumper behind the grill I would have lost some of the output due to the narrow opening (I could have used a single row but had this in stock and it puts out more light). First picture, before is a stock off of the internet as I never think to take pics before or during.
KdGufX3.jpg

e4GkJpl.jpg

CBuJ5uo.jpg

WEMgQWk.jpg
How hard was it to install your light bar in that position and putting the nuts on the bolts? That's where I want to put one on my 12 limited. Thanks

Back