Have a 2016 police interceptor utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have a 2016 police interceptor utility

Steve34

Reaction score
City, State
Cranston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Police Interceptor
I have a 2016 Police Interceptor utility and I’m wondering if you guys have gotten the LED strip in the headlights to work? Like the ones in the civilian models ones work but how do you get the police package one so turn on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I was able to gather researching this, the PIUs don't have the LEDs for the strip installed. I haven't had the chance to take my lights out and see for myself yet.

From what I was able to gather researching this, the PIUs don't have the LEDs for the strip installed. I haven't had the chance to take my lights out and see for myself yet.
I’ve heard they might not have the strips in them but also in the manual it does talk about DRL‘s.

I’ve heard they might not have the strips in them but also in the manual it does talk about DRL‘s.
Welcome to the Forum Steve. :wave:
I believe the DRL is on the low beams at reduced power. No Signature lighting (LED strips) on the PIU.

Peter

I have a 2016 Police Interceptor utility and I’m wondering if you guys have gotten the LED strip in the headlights to work? Like the ones in the civilian models ones work but how do you get the police package one so turn on?
Those only work on the civilian model with automatic lights.

Those only work on the civilian model with automatic lights.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't think PIU even has the actual LED light strip installed in the assembly.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't think PIU even has the actual LED light strip installed in the assembly.

Peter
They don't. Needed room for the circuitry for the wig-wag headlamps and the space to slide in a Whelen Ion under the headlight.

Back