Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
I'm continuing to maintain the spreadsheet at the following link and will update it when I can however if you would like a certain code added, or need module information for updating firmware for a specific VIN feel free to PM me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm continuing to maintain the spreadsheet at the following link and will update it when I can however if you would like a certain code added, or need module information for updating firmware for a specific VIN feel free to PM me.

Hello and thank you for keeping this comprehensive spreadsheet up to date. I want to change the number of turn signal flashes in my 2021 Explorer from 3 to 5. The spreadsheet addresses changing the setting in the SCCM module as:

Lane Change Blink Number:
- if your default value is 8C:
80=null, 84=1, 88=2, 8C=3, 90=4, 94=5, 98=6, 9C=7, A0=8, A4=9, A8=10

- if your default value is 0C:
00=null, 04=1, 08=2, 0C=3, 10=4, 14=5, 18=6, 1C=7, 20=8, 24=9, 28=10

However, I noticed that I have different numbers in SCCM at 724-01-01 (please see the attached picture). Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards from Norway,
Farhad

forscan turn signal.png

Velkommen til forumet Farhad. :wave:
I hope you find the info you are searching for. I also find 3 blinks too short.

Peter

Velkommen til forumet Farhad. :wave:
I hope you find the info you are searching for. I also find 3 blinks too short.

Peter
Takk Peter :) er du Norsk?
Yes, 3 blinks are not enough. The local Ford dealership didn't know how to fix that either!

/Farhad

Takk Peter :) er du Norsk?
Yes, 3 blinks are not enough. The local Ford dealership didn't know how to fix that either!

/Farhad
My wife's RAV does is the same. I wonder if it 's a NHTSA thing.

Hello and thank you for keeping this comprehensive spreadsheet up to date. I want to change the number of turn signal flashes in my 2021 Explorer from 3 to 5. The spreadsheet addresses changing the setting in the SCCM module as:

However, I noticed that I have different numbers in SCCM at 724-01-01 (please see the attached picture). Do you have any suggestions?

Farhad

View attachment 426389
I will check on that next week and get back to you

My wife's RAV does is the same. I wonder if it 's a NHTSA thing.
My Lexus had also 3 flashes and I asked the dealership to change it to 5 and they did it in just some minutes, so I don't think that it's a NHITSA thing.

Farhad

View attachment 426389

This is not tested so I am looking for feedback to find out if this works in a 2021 or 2022. If it does not, just revert to your stock value

For a default value of 4B, try 4F(4 flashes?), 53(5 flashes?), 57(6 flashes?), 5B(7 flashes?)

I tried '4F' and '53' values, but didn't work.
It looks like ford may have changed something because I no longer see this setting for 21+

I'm sure there are many on this forum, myself included, who are very interested in where this setting was moved to or understand if it was completely removed. Seems odd that FORD would change the location of a setting that seems to be a standard across multiple lines.

I'm sure there are many on this forum, myself included, who are very interested in where this setting was moved to or understand if it was completely removed. Seems odd that FORD would change the location of a setting that seems to be a standard across multiple lines.
I completely agree. I'm one of those people.

I can confirm that the option is no longer available for that module in IDS & UCDS.

Hi there,

would like to have Front Turns with Parking Lights, is this possibe on the 2021 model?

Would like to try this:

But i got this message in the picture :oops:

PXL_20220218_123115841.jpg

Hi there,

would like to have Front Turns with Parking Lights, is this possibe on the 2021 model?

Would like to try this:

But i got this message in the picture :oops:

View attachment 426522
That's not an error message as much as its a warning. You can click yes to proceed but what you're referencing won't work. I've tried it based on that forum post to no avail.

That's not an error message as much as its a warning. You can click yes to proceed but what you're referencing won't work. I've tried it based on that forum post to no avail.
Did you get any combination with turns to work?
I got it right with DRL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get any combination with turns to work?
I got it right with DRL.
You can get the orange turn led strip to run as DRL with the white led strip or as position lights but nobody seems to know how to turn the white led strip off like the PIU vehicles have. Some have said it might be a difference in wiring.

Back