SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer likely checked your VIN and noticed that there were no applicable recalls for your vehicle. My dealer always checks for Recalls and TSBs applicable to my vehicle and on one service appointment informed of one.

Peter
FYI, this morning, I noticed a recall notice on my Ford App that explains the blue screen camera issue. So it's not a SYNC software related thing. They actually explained the issue enough that I totally get it (it's a hardware circuitry issue). But the good news is they can address it with software to one of the (non customer updatable) modules. Ford recall number 21S44 for this.

The fun just keeps on coming, yet another new issue I just found after running 21194 for a while.

Just a heads up for everyone else.

Initiated a cellular phone call (Not through WiFi Calling) outside and then walked to my vehicle and started it. As the poorly engineered SYNC3 software loads up for its sluggish boot up phase the iPhone 12 ProMax (iOS 15) makes the Bluetooth handshake and the call audio is transferred to the SYNC3 system for audio over the car speaker. As normal there is a phone UI that displays where the phone connection icons are on the SYNC3 screen.

After two minutes still parked in driveway not moving the call audio returns to the handset (BT connection dropped) but the SYNC3 UI continues to display a live call and the counter continues to display the call time. Drive away and continue the call for another 7-8 minutes audio through the handset but phone UI on SYNC3 screen showing its connected to a live call.

It just never ends.

Thanks Dale. Yes this is nuts. To add insult to injury I'm past the warranty period however the dealership is working with me. They still have an open work order from the first time I reported this few months ago. They never resolved it because I rolled back to 20282 and I also have the extended warranty so I'm covered. But my fear is that the APIM has nothing to do with it but they have to follow the TSM before they can go any further.
Did you ever get this resolved?

Did you ever get this resolved?
Hi Dale... So the short answer is as of Friday YES. After waiting for the APIM to arrive and having it installed as I suspected that did not solve the problem. That started a few days of finger pointing between Ford and SXM. I asked Ford to have SXM de activate and then reactivate my subscription and magically that solved the problem.

Hi Dale... So the short answer is as of Friday YES. After waiting for the APIM to arrive and having it installed as I suspected that did not solve the problem. That started a few days of finger pointing between Ford and SXM. I asked Ford to have SXM de activate and then reactivate my subscription and magically that solved the problem.
Glad to hear it's working. But what hoops to go through to get it working again. Maybe Ford needs to put you on their payroll since you told them how to fix it.

Did you ever try the self 'refresh' feature on the SXM site?

Peter

Glad to hear it's working. But what hoops to go through to get it working again. Maybe Ford needs to put you on their payroll since you told them how to fix it.
Well the Service Manager does kid about me occupying the spare desk they have as a Service Adviser. Most of them ask me if I punched in when they see me coming since I've been there so many times. Check out my posts on No HD Radio and you'll get a idea. That issue has only been recently resolved again after 18 months.

Did you ever try the self 'refresh' feature on the SXM site?

Peter
Hi Peter Yes, multiple times myself and with SXM direction. That's when they told me there was nothing else they could do for me. When I suggested to deactivate/reactivate SXM said since I was on a Trial only the Ford dealership could do it. That's where the fun began.

How’s the update?
thinking of finally doing it to ours..as after the phone app update, we no longer get any verification once the car was started, unlocked or to extend the remote start. To help I was going to try and update the car. This is on the newest build of iOS app

How’s the update?
thinking of finally doing it to ours..as after the phone app update, we no longer get any verification once the car was started, unlocked or to extend the remote start. To help I was going to try and update the car. This is on the newest build of iOS app
Works great with my Android phone. 21194 solved the issues I had prior to it. Been on it since August.

I’ll budd verify builds when the explorer gets back home.. idk why ford Would of removed the banner notifications from inside the FordPass app when remoting Your car

Oh, I guess the explorer is on 3.4.21194
ios : 15.2.1
fordpass app: 4.10.0

let me try my phone, but when you start the car the notification banner did not show so you could extend the time it runs or see that it even started.

Odd, it was just her phone at this time she tried. All working on mine and hers

Oh, I guess the explorer is on 3.4.21194
ios : 15.2.1
fordpass app: 4.10.0

let me try my phone, but when you start the car the notification banner did not show so you could extend the time it runs or see that it even started.
iOS 15.3.1 you mean?.....not 15.2.1

negative, 15.2.1

i updated both our phones after the post though

Just FYI: 22020 is out at Cyanlabs. Interestingly, says there are new settings for the 10" screen. Updated it and will check it out tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just FYI: 22020 is out at Cyanlabs. Interestingly, says there are new settings for the 10" screen. Updated it and will check it out tomorrow.
Keep us posted. Hoping they make better use of space for the 10" screen. :banghead:

Back