93 motor swap issue | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 motor swap issue

Well I pulled the old fugue regulator off and no gas came out of the return hose. So hopefully I'm thinking that's my rich culprit and why the vacuum line popped off was actually a good thing according to the smog guy. 1 Could this been a culprit of my EGR codes as well Because the computer was trying too hard to compensate?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New regulator and I can actually tell a difference. It's been 7 years since I have felt it run right I forgot. Hope o pass tomorrow!

Failed again Knox still too high but not as high as before. Is there a way to test nox before smog. Just put new o2 sensors in. And then I'm really lost what to do

What's the nox reading and what's the limit?

Yes postnup your numbers

Any codes left? You need to solve the egr issue too

Max is 508 and 761 and I'm at 1128 and 1064

Didn't have any egr codes this morning.

Several things can cause high nox readings, bad egr, lots of carbon in the engine, an air leak after the maf causing the engine to run lean. Are the cats original?

Co2 is at 13.0, o2 is 1.6, hc is 18, co is .01, and no is 1120 ppm. The other low numbers say the cat is working

Does anybody have the wiring color codes for the EGR pressure Sensor and purge valve

I just released when I changed the egr stuff and put new pigtails on the purge solenoid is a newer version oval plug. Was that wired the other way or will it even work? I did it one wire at a time with the cutting and soldering but I could have very well got that one wrong.

Can you show us?

how many volts dose the perge solinoid run off of? i tried to trest it strrite to the batt and i blew it up.

Likely 5 volts

I think if testing with a meter 20-30 ohms

would an exhaust leak above the o2 sensor cause this problem? i just failed again. and did a sea foam and can see smoke coming out of the exhaust where they y pipe and manifold conect.

Possibly

well i took it to a shop and they said i was failing because my fuel pump was only putting out 20 psi. and i had a broken wire between the computer and egr or a bad computer. new fuel pump is in now and i cant remember how to tell what computer is what. i need a 92 manual computer. my search results have not shown anything. and dose anyone have a place to send one out for repair? thanks every one for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i took it to a shop and they said i was failing because my fuel pump was only putting out 20 psi. and i had a broken wire between the computer and egr or a bad computer. new fuel pump is in now and i cant remember how to tell what computer is what. i need a 92 manual computer. my search results have not shown anything. and dose anyone have a place to send one out for repair? thanks every one for the help.
for a computer, try a JY. usually cheaper than repair, and 99% of the time they work...

Back