93 motor swap issue | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 motor swap issue

for a computer, try a JY. usually cheaper than repair, and 99% of the time they work...
its an obd 1. it has to be the correct computer 92 manual trans and from California. not that easy to find in a yard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its an obd 1. it has to be the correct computer 92 manual trans and from California. not that easy to find in a yard.
i saw a 1st gen manny the last time i went to the yard, if you want next time i go i can check... other than that, got no idea about where one could send em to

according to the yard photos, i see a 94 sport by me. would that be interchngable? assume its a CA vehicle, as its here in LA. also see a 91 manny here too!

edit: looks like 75 ish bux to purchase, then shipping... if you want just PM me and we can figure soemthing out for the next time i go!

there are 2 '91 manuals in yards down here in socal.
Have you bothered to look at your computer, by opening to check for capacitor corrosion?

there are 2 '91 manuals in yards down here in socal.
Have you bothered to look at your computer, by opening to check for capacitor corrosion?
which yards have you searched? the sun valley one is the closest for me, thats whrre ive checked!
the 91 would probably work.
let me know if youre interested, as next time i go ill take a looksie to see if they are still around!

which yards have you searched? the sun valley one is the closest for me, thats whrre ive checked!

The 91 in sun valley_lkq. And the 91 in san bernardino_lkq from which in April I pulled that manual transfer case, is still there.

The 91 in sun valley_lkq. And the 91 in san bernardino_lkq from which in April I pulled that manual transfer case, is still there.
yeah! i was looking at the sun valley one, its like 20 mins from me! if OP wants, maybe next i go i can se if its still there!

Even if you can just take a pic of the computer code on the ecu that could help.

found an ecm for a 92 manual and it matches the other one i already had that did not work and acts the same. it doesn't want to run at all with them pluged in. the only ecm that works is the ZAP coded one.

Back