Hello guys, Im living in Amman, Jordan and I looking for the original sub hover's amplifier, can order it from the US, since im not finding here? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello guys, Im living in Amman, Jordan and I looking for the original sub hover's amplifier, can order it from the US, since im not finding here?

maraqa

Reaction score
City, State
Amman
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford, Sporttrac 2008 -4.6
Hello guys, I'm living in Amman, Jordan, and I looking for the original sub hover's amplifier, can order it from the US, since I'm not finding it here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if not, maybe a member here can pull one from a JY, for me i cant for a little bit till summer rolls round.

thanks, dude, can I find a replacement item that can fit instead of the old/original imp.
I think I remember there being an issue replacing the amp and using it’s original wiring. The factory remote turn on might be 5v, requiring a relay.

I think I remember there being an issue replacing the amp and using it’s original wiring. The factory remote turn on might be 5v, requiring a relay.

original deck uses 5V logic to turn on amp
if you change stereo and use original sub amp - add regulator or something to reduce 12V to 5V
if you use stock stereo and aftermarket amp - you may need to use a relay with 5V control to switch in 12V to amp control/remote

But as the OP says, they want the original amp (so a guaranteed 12-15 year old piece of electronics, that may fail at any time)
I would say put an an alert on eBay for sport trac sub or something.

if you change stereo and use original sub amp - add regulator or something to reduce 12V to 5V
if you use stock stereo and aftermarket amp - you may need to use a relay with 5V control to switch in 12V to amp control/remote

But as the OP says, they want the original amp (so a guaranteed 12-15 year old piece of electronics, that may fail at any time)
See post 4….

I'm not using the original stereo. so, would an aftermarket imp works or not?

I'm not using the original stereo. so, would an aftermarket imp works or not?
If you are using an aftermarket stereo and amp you’d just run new wiring.

Back