06 ford explorer xlt instrument cluster panel replaced with a mountaineer of the same year now wont start need help plz and thanks | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 ford explorer xlt instrument cluster panel replaced with a mountaineer of the same year now wont start need help plz and thanks

You picked up the wrong instrument cluster for your vehicle. Your needs the cluster with the smaller two line center display. This is indicated by the three blank buttons on the left of the 4x4 and traction control buttons. For the display you show above there needs to be Info, Setup and Reset buttons in this location. Maybe you can get these button at a salvage yard and install them if there is a connector at the location for the buttons. The again, maybe these options need to be programmed into the computer system of your vehicle to work properly.

1652158210897.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to purchase the buttons separately.
If still not worked,the instrument cluster needs to be reprogrammed and as-build file needs to be changed to eddie bauer/limited version.

Mine is factory 2 charts to 4 charts screen converted instrument cluster.the missing buttons purchased separately via ebay.

As build file downloaded thru motorcraft.com site and uploaded using forscan and as build hacker.

Be aware of wrong asbuild charts change related non-starts conditions and missing modules related DTC's.

Dont try to edit the file without saving the original as build file.

20220430_182637.jpg
20220117_070038.jpg

. I've been a Ford technician for 30+ years and I never talk to people on the phone I only get paid to work on vehicles that are in the shop and have tickets written for them, kind of a brutal fact but that's the way it is.
And that's why ill never pay a shop like that to fix my cars
The mechanics just don't even care about you enough to say 2 words to the customer about the repair

Imo dealer services are a waste of time
Then again that is what this whole forum is based on right

Went to that website and downloaded the file but when opened it says the disc is no longer valid and to throw it away. Won't let me look at any of the manuals or wiring diagrams. What am I doing wrong?
Outdated Ford OEM shop manual disks (ebay) usually work if you change the date on your computer's system clock to a date when the CD or DVD was current.

And that's why ill never pay a shop like that to fix my cars
The mechanics just don't even care about you enough to say 2 words to the customer about the repair

Imo dealer services are a waste of time
Then again that is what this whole forum is based on right
If I was paid hourly I'd gladly chat with customers but under the current system of flat rate it costs me $$ to do that, it's the service advisor job to do that not mine and whether you believe it or not I do care about the customers and vehicles I work on, my $.02 I'm done.

I would take the $2 hit to my pocket and have a very satisfied customer
But that's just me
Different strokes for different folks

If I was paid hourly I'd gladly chat with customers
Probably one reason mechanics in the dealerships around here are quickly being replaced by low wage, flat hourly rate dropouts. Most dealers here now either have one A Mechanic or share one a few days a week. Everyone else is just a parts changer. Just like the sales people. There's one "closer" and the rest are low paid kids.

Probably one reason mechanics in the dealerships around here are quickly being replaced by low wage, flat hourly rate dropouts. Most dealers here now either have one A Mechanic or share one a few days a week. Everyone else is just a parts changer. Just like the sales people. There's one "closer" and the rest are low paid kids.
Not at every dealership but that is definitely starting to happen at a lot of them, $2 is 2-3 minutes of my time so if I spend let's say 10 minutes with an owner that's at least $10 out of my pocket it adds up quickly I'd love to paid by the hour but that will never happen at a dealership in my career.

Back