TailLight Tuesday

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD
Or any other day for that matter. Post yours up

80868A51-ED6F-407B-A5A2-F42B6881E19A.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet you could get another pair of them back there…

Does my new Rado count? 😅

If not, I still got both here 😂

20220516_154000.jpg PicsArt_06-01-01.11.13.jpg

This was 2005 I think after paying $20 to have the chrome Mercury emblem changed to gold. That was a cool thing to see done onsite, one of my coworkers had a new Lexus she had him come to change several items to gold.

Rearview.JPG

This was 2005 I think after paying $20 to have the chrome Mercury emblem changed to gold. That was a cool thing to see done onsite, one of my coworkers had a new Lexus she had him come to change several items to gold.

View attachment 429951
Not a bad price, the gold fits well with the truck too! Ya did the front too?

T
Not a bad price, the gold fits well with the truck too! Ya did the front too?
Thanks, no, I didn't like the chrome front grille, and I bought a painted one. Later on I bought a new emblem from a 3rd or 4th gen, it's shaped better and slightly bigger. I began to graft it into the new grille, but didn't quite finish. This below is the emblem just laying on the grille, over the new one it came with. The later emblems are a titanium finish, I liked that to contrast my dark red.

2000Grille.JPG

T

Thanks, no, I didn't like the chrome front grille, and I bought a painted one. Later on I bought a new emblem from a 3rd or 4th gen, it's shaped better and slightly bigger. I began to graft it into the new grille, but didn't quite finish. This below is the emblem just laying on the grille, over the new one it came with. The later emblems are a titanium finish, I liked that to contrast my dark red.

View attachment 429952
Hope ya can finish that project! Looks nice with the biger emblem

I was thinking of changing the tail lights on the RV to a smoked LED but they match the Explorer and I like the OEM housings. The RV's are from Excursions and Econolines.
20220119_135913.jpg

20210428_132347.jpg

Not mine, but someday soon I'll have one. I've been shopping for one for a few years now. Waiting for a 2006-2012 997 C4 S with this exterior color and a terracotta interior. They didn't make very many in that combo, which is part of the draw.
2007_porsche_911-carrera-4s-coupe_2007_porsche_911-carrera-4s-coupe_908d3a89-68dc-442f-a01e-e7...jpg

Beach life taillights...
A little late for Tuesday but tail light Thursday I guess works as a thing too 😂
Looks good man!
Lol - I forgot it was thursday...
Was on vacation a few days. Short weeks mess me up. :)

Beach life taillights...

Lol - I forgot it was thursday...
Was on vacation a few days. Short weeks mess me up. :)
On the other hand... w00t!
Tomorrow is Friday!

Guess we'll all do it 😂
I'll be the odd one out again too!
Dont kill me for the sacrilege of a chevy post 😅

PicsArt_06-22-09.51.18.jpg

My little addition.... I hope to have the cages around the tail lights Harvest gold to match the trim soon. (Should be prairie tan but its hard to find)

Expl03.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My little addition.... I hope to have the cages around the tail lights Harvest gold to match the trim soon. (Should be prairie tan but its hard to find)

View attachment 430875
Very nice!! Think some smoked tail lights would be a nice addition, but ya like the oem look, that works too!
Good luck on repainting 'em, I remember painting mine, then later realized I used the wrong black, used hammered black, so they came out more of a grey, but I still liked it 😂

Back