How to find a where this transmission came from | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to find a where this transmission came from

I never said it would but since you want to pick this apart lets go for it... let's assume the dealer actually test drove the car after the repair or made any conversation around the car about the repair then having that audio is better than not having anything. He's looking for ammunition šŸ˜‚ You got any idea better ideas?

Being left absolutely in the dark like the OP is exactly why dealerships have a bad rep to begin with.
Ā 

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never said it would but since you want to pick this apart lets go for it... let's assume the dealer actually test drove the car after the repair or made any conversation around the car about the repair then having that audio is better than not having anything. He's looking for ammunition šŸ˜‚ You got any idea better ideas?

Being left absolutely in the dark like the OP is exactly why dealerships have a bad rep to begin with.
I never said anything about picking it apart. You mentioned it could be useful. Donā€™t be offended when someone asks how.

Also, good luck using an audio recording of people without their previous knowledge they are being recorded.
Ā 

I never said anything about picking it apart. You mentioned it could be useful. Donā€™t be offended when someone asks how.

Also, good luck using an audio recording of people without their previous knowledge they are being recorded.
in some states i think only 1 party consent is needed but im not too sure. or put a sign on the truck: smile, youre on camera!!!! or something different, have a few variations in mind depending on your community's standards šŸ¤£ i could see it being useful is the dealer just puts it in the bay while ya lookin and immediately after moves it back outside or wrecked it testing but aside... not sure it can prove a whole lot... gonna need an underside camera! can also use when froading so double use
Ā 

Dealership monkeys.... That is the context in which I said a dash camera would be useful in not in helping identify a part underneath the car which you assumed just clarifying that so don't feel rattled. You seem to have no idea about the OP issues or the legality around being recorded via dash cam so I'll leave it that...
Ā 

Dealership monkeys.... That is the context in which I said a dash camera would be useful in not in helping identify a part underneath the car which you assumed just clarifying that so don't feel rattled. You seem to have no idea about the OP issues or the legality around being recorded via dash cam so I'll leave it that...
i aint no lawyer, so yeah no clue really about legal issues. sorry man.
Ā 

You canā€™t legally record a conversation you arenā€™t party to in any state.

In a one party state, you need to be there. You clearly donā€™t understand the law if you think audio from a camera involving a conversation YOU arenā€™t a part of is admissible anywhere.

YOU said itā€™d be useful in the OPs situation.
Ā 

In a one party state, you need to be there. You clearly donā€™t understand the law if you think audio from a camera involving a conversation YOU arenā€™t a part of is admissible anywhere.
oh ok sorry dont know nothin bout the law
Ā 

Sorry to read about the issues you are having. That's one reason I usually get the Ford ESP. You never know what may happen, especially if you plan to keep a vehicle long-term. You may never need to use it but when you do it helps. Just extra insurance.

Peter
Believe me I am now saying this to everyone. Any vehicle I purchase in the future I will focus more on warranty coverage. I've never had any issues with any vehicles in the past other than regular maintenance which is normal. But man this exploder is really driving me to the edge..... Actually it's pushed me off the edge now that i think about it.

It's funny there's a lil story when I bought this thing right when I got it home and started looking over the outside. Was doing a walk around and noticed MANY paint imperfections that made me take it back. Now I think about it that was my sign I should've noticed and cancelled the contract but me and my ways I HAD to have the Explorer. I took it back and then they pulled up 3 more and let me choose which one I wanted.. boy..... Another worst mistake of my life with the one I chose. Only 29,000$ left and it's all mine šŸ„“šŸ˜ 
It's more about peace of mind than anything. I have front and rear cameras that record any activity around the car.

You can check my profile and easily find that I do my own work and also help others fix their own rides. I would never bring my vehicle to the dealership for anything. I used to work at a shop for 6 years and saw many mechanic monkeys come and go. Dash cam is solid investment especially in the situation the OP is in...
Dash cams are great and I do have one just not on this time. I think a couple spy cams for next time though but it's highly unlikely I'll be back there. And I've always done my own mechanical work. I trust no mechanic to work on my vehicles but if you have warranty than you have no choice. The choice you get is what dealership do you dare have your vehicle serviced at......
Ā 

Believe me I am now saying this to everyone. Any vehicle I purchase in the future I will focus more on warranty coverage. I've never had any issues with any vehicles in the past other than regular maintenance which is normal. But man this exploder is really driving me to the edge..... Actually it's pushed me off the edge now that i think about it.

It's funny there's a lil story when I bought this thing right when I got it home and started looking over the outside. Was doing a walk around and noticed MANY paint imperfections that made me take it back. Now I think about it that was my sign I should've noticed and cancelled the contract but me and my ways I HAD to have the Explorer. I took it back and then they pulled up 3 more and let me choose which one I wanted.. boy..... Another worst mistake of my life with the one I chose. Only 29,000$ left and it's all mine šŸ„“šŸ˜ 

Dash cams are great and I do have one just not on this time. I think a couple spy cams for next time though but it's highly unlikely I'll be back there. And I've always done my own mechanical work. I trust no mechanic to work on my vehicles but if you have warranty than you have no choice. The choice you get is what dealership do you dare have your vehicle serviced at......
Iā€™ve had plenty of warranty work done, but never at a dealer.
Ā 

There is a post here somewhere that states that the techs actually turned the dashcam OFF when the member had his vehicle in for service..

Peter
Ā 

YOU said itā€™d be useful in the OPs situation.
It actually would be useful regardless of the law you keep bringing up which is apparently only effectively written in twelve states with all kinds of loopholes around them. You must never watch the news where they purposely record automobile shops ripping off consumers using hidden cameras inside the car while its in the shops hands..Then play it on 5pm news... Like that never happens šŸ™„

What prevents me from uploading such content to YouTube so I can slander the Dealership monkey shop? I guess that never happens either šŸ˜‚

Thanks for the half-ass legal advice but no thanks. Goodluck on your future post quoting
Ā 

It actually would be useful regardless of the law you keep bringing up which is apparently only effectively written in twelve states with all kinds of loopholes around them. You must never watch the news where they purposely record automobile shops ripping off consumers using hidden cameras inside the car while its in the shops hands..Then play it on 5pm news... Like that never happens šŸ™„

What prevents me from uploading such content to YouTube so I can slander the Dealership monkey shop? I guess that never happens either šŸ˜‚

Thanks for the half-ass legal advice but no thanks. Goodluck on your future post quoting
You are clearly the one ignorant of the law in your OWN state. New Hampshire is an ALL party state. You canā€™t record audio of ANYONE without EVERYONEā€™S consent.

Try and use that audio to damage a business and see what happens.
Ā 

You are clearly the one ignorant of the law in your OWN state. New Hampshire is an ALL party state. You canā€™t record audio of ANYONE without EVERYONEā€™S consent.

Try and use that audio to damage a business and see what happens.
I record everything. Try and sue me... šŸ˜‚

The OP is in Canada

Ā 

I record everything. Try and sue me... šŸ˜‚

The OP is in Canada

Ahhhhh, Before it wasnā€™t illegal, and I was ignorant.

Now itā€™s ā€œsue meā€. The change in attitude is only because you know youā€™re wrong. Not sure what your laughing about, besides your own willful ignorance. Must be pretty blissful in there.

Itā€™s a class B felony each time you audio record someone without their knowledge. I suggest you never stop, and try and use one of these recordings some day. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll go swimmingly for you.

As for everyone else, I recommend actually reading your local laws before you end up committing a crime you didnā€™t intend to.

Those hidden videos are probably done in one of the few states without audio regulation. Iā€™m sure the shows legal team is much more apt at knowing the law, then you are, since youā€™re clearly not in any understanding of your own states laws.
Ā 

Now itā€™s ā€œsue meā€. The change in attitude is only because you know youā€™re wrong. Not sure what your laughing about, besides your own willful ignorance. Must be pretty blissful in there.

Itā€™s a class B felony each time you audio record someone without their knowledge. I suggest you never stop, and try and use one of these recordings some day. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll go swimmingly for you.

As for everyone else, I recommend actually reading your local laws before you end up committing a crime you didnā€™t intend to.

Those hidden videos are probably done in one of the few states without audio regulation. Iā€™m sure the shows legal team is much more apt at knowing the law, then you are, since youā€™re clearly not in any understanding of your own states laws.

You are triggered and it's funny šŸ˜‚ I never said it wasn't illegal chief. I said I didn't care (its right there in text) and I still don't (I haven't changed). Id rather have a recording than nothing at all and I guarantee you the only person in this thread who disagrees because it could be "illegal". Lets see a poll get put up and how many people actually care about the law in their state regarding dash cams. You already know my vote āœŒļø

Since you were too ignorant to watch the video which illustrates the example and context I described in my first reply to your post of why I recommend having one in the first place - I'll tell you it was recorded in California.
Ā 

You are triggered and it's funny šŸ˜‚ I never said it wasn't illegal chief. I said I didn't care (its right there in text) and I still don't (I haven't changed). Id rather have a recording than nothing at all and I guarantee you the only person in this thread who disagrees because it could be "illegal". Lets see a poll get put up and how many people actually care about the law in their state regarding dash cams. You already know my vote āœŒļø

Since you were too ignorant to watch the video which illustrates the example and context I described in my first reply to your post of why I recommend having one in the first place - I'll tell you it was recorded in California.
wait.... thats legal in california???? didnt know nothin was legal here šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
Ā 

I watched it. Did YOU? If so youā€™re ignorant of basic geography as well. Last I checked Ottawa and Toronto werenā€™t in California, chief.

You missed the dash being in kilometers and the fact they mentioned the dealerships location several times. I know, watching and paying attention are hard, but try and keep up.

You originally talked about my ignorance, and only 12 states having laws and having loopholes. Now you donā€™t care that itā€™s illegal. Riiiiiiight. Keep changing those goal posts.

Iā€™m done with you. Enjoy your blissful ignorance.
Ā 

Please knock off the bickering. Please stay on topic. Please try and act like grown-ups. This forum does not tolerate personal attacks. Differences in opinions are not personal attacks. Calling someone a idiot for disagreeing with you is a personal attack. State your opinion and move on.
Ā 

Who called who an idiot?
Ā 

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who called who an idiot?
Nobody that I read, but I honestly didn't read through all those posts. Maybe its in there somewhere. I was using "idiot" as an example. Next time I will quote more directly.
Ā 

Back