spetersen

Reaction score
City, State
Goshen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Sport Trac
Callsign
2011 Sonata
I'm a new member here, but I'm a longtime Ranger owner, I am getting the Explorer next week. I'm sure I will be needing a little support getting it back in shape

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!!!! any issues you know of now, maybe we can help you early ;)

welcome to EF!!!! any issues you know of now, maybe we can help you early ;)
The first 2 are the fuel gauge is erratic, and the second it that it overheats, so the thermostat is likely the first new part to be installed.
How likely is a bad head gasket on a 4.0 SHC?

The first 2 are the fuel gauge is erratic, and the second it that it overheats, so the thermostat is likely the first new part to be installed
sounds good! is the pump OE? my float was off for the longest time, butnew sender and its all good now

sounds good! is the pump OE? my float was off for the longest time, butnew sender and its all good now
It likely is, I talked to the PO briefly, and there is almost nothing new but maint items and the engine with 50k on it 240K on the truck.
Previous engine was replaced for timing chains

What shape is the radiator in?

What shape is the radiator in?
Square with lots of fins!, all joking asside, I don't have it in my possiesion yet, it will be the first thing I check, the coolant tank looks a little rusty, but that may have to do with the red coolant vs the yellow stuff

Welcome to this forum! Sometimes the sending unit for the temperature gauge could be inaccurate. Verify the actual temperature with a thermometer or an infrared gun.
Great Idea!, I have one, Thanks!

Welcome.

Thank You!

I pick it up today, the PO. had family issues, and my schedule was difficult to get together.

I pick it up today, the PO. had family issues, and my schedule was difficult to get together.
good luck, let us know how it goes!

good luck, let us know how it goes!
It has a leaking valve cover gasket, I ran the odometer self test and it seems to pass, but in the process the gas gauge seems to have been reset, and shows what seems to be the correct level, The truck does not seem to overheat.

Leaking valve cover gasket, I ran the odometer self test and it seems to pass, but in the process the gas gauge seems to have been reset, and shows what seems to be the correct level
balve covers aint bad maybe replace intake gaster at same time cause those have leaked on mine multiple times 😂

trans and engine otherwise good?

balve covers aint bad maybe replace intake gaster at same time cause those have leaked on mine multiple times 😂

trans and engine otherwise good?
All seems good so far X my fingers
One strange thing is that it only turns over with the remote start, but I don't know how to use the system yet, without the remote "theft lit while turning the key to start.
Driver's window falls, and gets crooked while lowering it, IDK what's up with that.
Driver's keypad does not work I have to look at that as well
$1750 for an almost good truck is hard to find lately.

All seems good so far X my fingers
One strange thing is that it only turns over with the remote start, but I don't know how to use the system yet, without the remote "theft lit while turning the key to start.
Driver's window falls, and gets crooked while lowering it, IDK what's up with that.
Driver's keypad does not work I have to look at that as well
$1750 for an almost good truck is hard to find lately.
good luck wit those!!!! ive got no ideas on resolution 😂

good luck wit those!!!! ive got no ideas on resolution 😂
Found the "spare key" will not start the truck, The other works fine. I need to check whether the key has the chip in it, and if the truck just needs programming. interesting that the remote start bypasses the need for the programmed key.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found the "spare key" will not start the truck, The other works fine. I need to check whether the key has the chip in it, and if the truck just needs programming. interesting that the remote start bypasses the need for the programmed key.
interesting. i heard these remote start and afternarket stuff can cause some funky stuff 😂

Back