LED Available for Luggage Compartment/Cargo Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Available for Luggage Compartment/Cargo Light

Blown

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X-Edge
When I went to interior LED's they did not have this one available. I ordered one to replace the one out of place incandescent yellow light bulb in the way back. I should get a bit brighter and matching white light. I did not measure fitment, I'll see when it gets here.

578 LED Bulb - 8 LED Festoon - 44mm

Please check product dimensions to ensure it will fit in your vehicle's location.
Dimensions:
4.394 cm(1.73") x 0.864 cm(0.34") x 1.397 cm(0.55")

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I went to interior LED's they did not have this one available. I ordered one to replace the one out of place incandescent yellow light bulb in the way back. I should get a bit brighter and matching white light. I did not measure fitment, I'll see when it gets here.

578 LED Bulb - 8 LED Festoon - 44mm

Please check product dimensions to ensure it will fit in your vehicle's location.
Dimensions:
4.394 cm(1.73") x 0.864 cm(0.34") x 1.397 cm(0.55")
ive got one in mine i can check what it is

I took apart a wedge mount type LED bulb and soldered the wire ends to the metal connectors. Been like that for years and it was a 10 cent bulb.

it makes auch a big difference can see so much now lol even led headlights tails everything... :D
Tails reverse and heads the rest is incadescent

It all white now:

cargo-light.jpg

Back