Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

As I understand, there is a Ford update for when Explorer remote start HVAC goes to A/C after a minute or so of running....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is interesting. Never knew this was an issue with manual climate controls. Are they knobs? I’m not familiar with what they actually look like.

SmartSelect_20211202-061844_Gallery.jpg

Any luck resolving this issue?
I am having the same problem, but I have yet to have the key cut and programmed.
I did notice that when I open the hood, there is no message saying the hood is ajar. Wonder if there is a problem with the switch?
UPDATE...Key has been cut and programmed. Vehicle starts but the remote does not activate remote start. All other functions work.
I have a base model 2015, I programmed the remote start on both bcm and ipc, but when I press the remote button on the key just get a 2 horn confirmation but not remote start, I realized my hood doesn’t show as open when you open it, this is the lower trim, so my question, do I need a hood switch, and if I do does my truck has the harness where needs to be plugged? Or where do I have to connect it?

I have a base model 2015, I programmed the remote start on both bcm and ipc, but when I press the remote button on the key just get a 2 horn confirmation but not remote start, I realized my hood doesn’t show as open when you open it, this is the lower trim, so my question, do I need a hood switch, and if I do does my truck has the harness where needs to be plugged? Or where do I have to connect it?
I can only speak to a friend's FPIS...put we needed to put a hood pin in before the remote start would function. I'd assume you can jump the underwood connector to test...

When you say you have a Base model, I'm guessing it is a Police Interceptor Utility given the forum in which you posted. Is that correct? There is no info in your profile?
I thought a double honk was an indication that it didn't start.

Peter

why mine start with single hit at middle button and i cant not see any options to change it
key fob is regular 5 button fob key
Lol when trying to sit kids in another car i just heard that Explorer is runing when key is in my pocket :S

CWTWB1U793​

I can only speak to a friend's FPIS...put we needed to put a hood pin in before the remote start would function. I'd assume you can jump the underwood connector to test...
there is hood switch upper of driver headlight search forum you ll see the image about it. Mine i just put a short cable to link it to run (not safe because will run when hood is open ordering a switch soon)

this is switch link
DAMN Ford sells key fob for $340 LOL
it is $12 at ebay here we go

why mine start with single hit at middle button and i cant not see any options to change it
key fob is regular 5 button fob key
Lol when trying to sit kids in another car i just heard that Explorer is runing when key is in my pocket :S

CWTWB1U793​

That number does not bring up any results on Ford Parts, Tasca Parts or Levittown Ford.
This is the only place I have had any luck finding it and it is not a 5 button fob. CWTWB1U793 - Google Search

Peter

That number does not bring up any results on Ford Parts, Tasca Parts or Levittown Ford.
This is the only place I have had any luck finding it and it is not a 5 button fob. CWTWB1U793 - Google Search

Peter
This is the one remote start works for me. The problem is instead of hit lock and two times to middle button (this is from manual) mine starts with single touch to middle button trying to make it safer
Here is image of that work for me key plus it is 96 bits instead of 48 original safer for remote copy and Amazon image here $19

Screenshot_20220828-184804_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Is the remote start something that you added? The manual does not show that the PIU has the remote start feature.

Peter

Is the remote start something that you added? The manual does not show that the PIU has the remote start feature.

Peter
I Read others explorer Manuel's not piu.
Just enabled via forscan and put a piece of wire instead of hood switch
Hit lock
And than hit remote start button twice
I add just via forscan already there i guess
But mine single hit on remote start is enought doesn't matter locked ir not 😂 super easy lol but I don't like it.

Back