My First Explorer, 2000 EB | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My First Explorer, 2000 EB

As per the instructions above here's the info:
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 5.0
I'm from Parsons KS and you can contact me easily through a PM here.

Well, they aren't good pics. They were provided by the seller using a cell phone. But this is my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. I am going to "visit" it today at the sellers house and pull the radiator. My next day off I get to install a new one (would do them both today, but had to order the radiator). Jon (Turdle) has already provided me with the link to the radiator replacement thread. (Thanks again Jon)

Mods will be slow due to funding and the need to finish putting an engine in my other vehicle (seen below). Probably just go with exhaust and slightly more aggresive tires when funds allow. Any suggestions for basic upgrades? LOL I'm a seasoned Veteran with Thunderbirds, but a newbie with Explorers.

Explorer01.jpg

Explorer02.jpg

Explorer03.jpg

Explorer04.jpg

Explorer05.jpg

Explorer06.jpg

Explorer07.jpg

My other vehicle can be seen here:

GT_Touched_SM.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it stumbled when it needed fuel the most, as when pulling away from a stop sign, or under heavy load.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I'm glad you caught it now. The miss I had many years ago I hunted and found a coil pack bad. But the miss continued and ended up being the fuel tank corroding inside. There was some damage done that I think is from running lean(filter filled with "rust"), likely the valves burned is my guess. I see R&Ring the heads to rebuild them.

I'm hoping that the tank isn't corroding inside. I'll drive it some more, and if the stumble comes back I'll check the filter. If it's clogged again....

Did some further investigation into that stumble that the new fuel filter corrected. Now it runs great until it warms up, then the stumble on accelerating from a standing start returns, though not as noticeable as it once was. I found... or should I say can't find... the hard vacuum line running from the manifold to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Is there a place I can go to get a replacement other than the local pick a part?

I "think" the hard vac line is 1/8". Most parts stores that sell the Dorman products should have 3 ft lines. They should also sell the connector ends in mixed packs. If not, Amazon has them both.

On your year the regulator is in the tank, part of the fuel pump.

The fuel rail mounted diaphragm is a fuel pressure dampener. It's pressed in, and part of the rails.
The hard line to it should be red, it splits off the bottom of the egr vacuum regulator, mounted near the firewall.

Hmmm... thanks for the info, Greg, and the photo Jon. Now I know what I'm looking for. I'll see about replacing that line, but if it's not regulating the fuel pressure, what could be causing the stumble?

If the hose is missing , not connected there is a slight vacuum leak
So simply plugging the hole and eliminating the vacuum leak should help to some degree... LoL I shoulda thought of that myself. Thanks again!

This is what I get for going all out and spending 8 bucks on "Amber" halogen fog light bulbs. If they'd cost anything significant I'd be pissed. Do those look amber to anyone? In their defense the headlight lenses are very foggy and need to be replaced.

20220924_183822.jpg

Probably ought to start a separate thread about the F150, hereby named "Clifford".
Anyway...
I couldn't get the Tcase skidplate straightened out before so I put it back on and thought about it a while. So I put it on a couple 1x1 1/2 sticks of wood and drove onto it, thinking that'd straighten out that thing. Well....
Barely budged it, it's still sitting there while I decide if it'll maintain that shape or spring back to "bent" when I pull off of it.

20221002_161957.jpg

Well, this happened on new years day....

20230101_092026.jpg

Well done. Now it's time to buy a couple more etc. I have three 302 trucks with about 225k on each of them, they still do great at this old age.

LoL Sandi already thinks we have too many vehicles around. Though I am beginning to think of purchasing a rebuilt long block. I've got a rear main seal leak, an oil pan gasket leak and two exhaust manifold bolts broken off in the right-side head.

Back