Enable courtesy lights in PIU | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Enable courtesy lights in PIU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The asterisk.
It doesn't look like it wants to accept it. I was messing around in AS Built in that spreadsheet. I did unlock the "Locks" and "Power Liftgate" but is grayed out. I do have trouble codes created for invalid info for rear. But it dosesnt trip a code on the dash.
20221027_185538.jpg

Yeah, sounds like that ment option isn't in the firmware for your model year. After changing it in the BCM, the interior lights should work. I'm still thinking it's going to be a physical wire disconnect somewhere.

Yeah, sounds like that ment option isn't in the firmware for your model year. After changing it in the BCM, the interior lights should work. I'm still thinking it's going to be a physical wire disconnect somewhere.
Yeah these are the trouble codes I have. No check engine light or anything. I can't figure out what they are for. Someone that owns a Police Interceptor Utility managed to get it to appear, the remote start menu. They have a 2014.
20221027_192811.jpg

I'm not fimilar with C trouble codes. All the ones I know start with P. Might need to ask Ford on that one.

I'm not fimilar with C trouble codes. All the ones I know start with P. Might need to ask Ford on that one.
C trouble codes are chassis trouble codes. I'm not sure what those codes mean, I can't seem to find anything on them.

Did you enable some things in Forscan that you don't have the hardware for, so it's throwing a trouble code because it can't find a device it's looking for?

Did you enable some things in Forscan that you don't have the hardware for, so it's throwing a trouble code because it can't find a device it's looking for?
I enabled something and it enabled auto locks and auto liftgate but the liftgate is grayed out. I'll have to restore my backup, doesn't effect performance or anything.

Yeah, I don't think the PIU has the hardware for the automatic liftgate.

Yeah, I don't think the PIU has the hardware for the automatic liftgate.
Correct.
Auto Locks. Even if enabled, they don't work on a FPIU. There was a post on social media that a guy got them to work, but he wanted to be paid big for his knowledge. (Way to help the group) In my case, enabling auto locks made the gas gauge inoperative. As I understand, even if they are enabled, they need to be turned back on after each restart.

I'd love to have auto locks, and was thinking there might be a way to engineer this via the police 14 way connector and a relay,...but haven't worked on it.

Correct.
Auto Locks. Even if enabled, they don't work on a FPIU. There was a post on social media that a guy got them to work, but he wanted to be paid big for his knowledge. (Way to help the group) In my case, enabling auto locks made the gas gauge inoperative. As I understand, even if they are enabled, they need to be turned back on after each restart.

I'd love to have auto locks, and was thinking there might be a way to engineer this via the police 14 way connector and a relay,...but haven't worked on it.
Enabling auto locks in FORScan will mess up the DTE calculation and you'll have to restore to factory As Built to fix it. But yes I'm assuming there's a wire disconnect somewhere for the lights.

I really don't want to go searching for it.

Also, it looks like your model won't accept the menu setting. Try changing it opposite to what it is in the BCM now and see if that fixes it.

Sorry for the confusion.
I've disabled pretty anything police related on the car and enabled most of the civilian stuff. I can't seem to figure out the lights.

Back