410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier" | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

Ill do your wiring, you cut out my metal bits!! Works perfectly!!

and thank you!!!!!!!

more updates coming this week

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks about the seats sitting higher, I read the earlier post and got all excited because the junkyard near me has a MKX or whatever the Lincoln Edge is called. Well I'm 6'3 and bounce my head on my sport Tracs roof already. I wonder how much higher newer mustang seats will sit.

Ill do your wiring, you cut out my metal bits!! Works perfectly!!

and thank you!!!!!!!

more updates coming this week
You're going to need more metal bits cut if that trade is going to be fair.....😂

A favor for a favor sounds fair to me

been a month, no update!!!! :hammer:

Sorry guys! Im getting back on this truck now, been doing a little work on the seats here and there
Snow came early this year I've had a few things to focus on, I have been working morning till night all week and weekends to get caught back up
Had to fix ice damn/roof leaks, plow truck (new fuel system), FJ cruiser, bulldozer (snow removal machine) and my Bronco II has a crack in the frame!! ALso work has been pickming up we have a few new elevator jobs
These are not excuses, just filling you dudes in on where I have been and on the truck progress
Life pulled me away!!!!!!!!! I feel terrible about it but I don't go away that easily!
The good news is we are winning these battles, all machines are slowly getting back on the road...the most important one is the plow truck we have had 33" of snow in November back here......plow truck keeps our road open! (89 F250, 472 big block, Boss V plow)

Sorry guys! Im getting back on this truck now, been doing a little work on the seats here and there
Snow came early this year I've had a few things to focus on, I have been working morning till night all week and weekends to get caught back up
Had to fix ice damn/roof leaks, plow truck (new fuel system), FJ cruiser, bulldozer (snow removal machine) and my Bronco II has a crack in the frame!! ALso work has been pickming up we have a few new elevator jobs
These are not excuses, just filling you dudes in on where I have been and on the truck progress
Life pulled me away!!!!!!!!! I feel terrible about it but I don't go away that easily!
The good news is we are winning these battles, all machines are slowly getting back on the road...the most important one is the plow truck we have had 33" of snow in November back here......plow truck keeps our road open! (89 F250, 472 big block, Boss V plow)
Need a 472 powered B2

At the end of every summer I am swamped with work I put off. I tell my friends whose cars I work on that I will let them know when I'm done and can get their cars back on the lift. In fact just stepped in the house after working on this one.
PXL_20221205_205704583.jpg

At the end of every summer I am swamped with work I put off. I tell my friends whose cars I work on that I will let them know when I'm done and can get their cars back on the lift. In fact just stepped in the house after working on this one.
View attachment 436977
That's sexy

Arizona has a car culture like no place I have ever been. When I'm in Kingman, I see hot rods every time I go into town. I was in Safeway and when I came out there was a blown 1969 Camaro parked next to the Explorer. The rear tires were so wide the diff looked like it was two feet wide. Cool town when people go shopping at the supermarket in their hot rods. They have street drags there a few times a year.

Need a 472 powered B2

Nobody needs a 472 B2. I had a built 472 in my '74 Ranchero, and I had an '89 B2. The Bronco II was under powered, but with a 472 in that short wheelbase, not to mention higher center of gravity, you couldn't keep it straight. Probably couldn't keep it on 4 wheels very long either.

410Fortune posts about getting 33" of snow, and Rick puts up a picture of his garage door that's insulated to keep the heat out.

I don't mind wiring, but think a modern engine swap is over my head. I could probably handle a seat swap and my front seats are very tired. I'll have to look into that when you get done with those Edge seats.

If I ever get around to swapping a GM supercharged 3800V6 into the Explorer, I think I'll get the engine installed, then drop it off at 410's shop for the wiring. I have a line on the engine, a buddy in Kingman has three or four of them in his shop gathering dust and he said I can have one. He used to pull them whenever he saw them at JY's.

Nobody needs a 472 B2. I had a built 472 in my '74 Ranchero, and I had an '89 B2. The Bronco II was under powered, but with a 472 in that short wheelbase, not to mention higher center of gravity, you couldn't keep it straight. Probably couldn't keep it on 4 wheels very long either.
I'd totally abuse the power and be dragging ass everywhere I went. I'm excited to see this V8 ranger project get closer to completion.

I'm going to respectively disagree with you on that one. I think everyone needs a 472 BII. It would be like this LS swapped Willy's on nitrous.

410Fortune posts about getting 33" of snow, and Rick puts up a picture of his garage door that's insulated to keep the heat out.
It's 68 degrees, behind him is the kerosene torpedo heater not shown in the picture.

View attachment 436977
I love that car. @Rick is that a milk jug with a old tractor seat welded to it in the lower right corner? I have both of those, but never thought of making a stool out of them. Genius.

I love that car. @Rick is that a milk jug with a old tractor seat welded to it in the lower right corner? I have both of those, but never thought of making a stool out of them. Genius.

Yes, I have a couple of them. I used to be able to get the seats and jugs for like $20 a piece. Haven't seen them that cheap for awhile.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speaking of seats guess who is finally back working on the blue ranger!!

Been a crazy winter
However schedule is cleared blue truck is now front and center in shop, shop is clean (clean enough considering how many projects/ repairs are going) I washed the truck by hand again and started working on her.

Drivers seat fabrication is now done!! Fully
Bolted in this picture
It took a lot of fabrication / trial and error, this is as good as it gets with these power seats. I cannot space them any lower to the floor!!

Had to get a seat in the beast so I can test the drivetrain, cluster and begin the next phase
I plan to have this truck done by the end of this month! Yea February 2023!! Hoping it makes Moab in May

DC45F755-EC19-4319-BD95-30FA4A1C759F.jpeg

B91F3AAE-D281-4E9B-B351-8F8BACC2D065.jpeg

The inner rail on the drivers side is as low to the floor as I can go
A1059268-FC44-40E6-8731-E575633F0E69.jpeg

CE2F60F2-B3D3-450E-9C8B-4DEDA4EE6F19.jpeg

All 4 “feet” fabricated from stock parts made to fit the factory seat hold down bolts.

Was getting final paint here
A91B35F6-82A4-4959-8704-10892A738818.jpeg

Now back to the drivetrain!!

Back