Change 2015 turn signal switch to 2016+ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Change 2015 turn signal switch to 2016+

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Hi, is it possible to switch my turn signal switch to the 2016+ switch? The 2016 doesn't have the mechanism where you signal and it goes back to middle. It actually stays down or up in the position you clicked it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Speaking for my '16, it will allow a "tap" for 3 blinks to indicate a lane change or will "latch" down (or up) in turning position until the turn is over and the steering returns to center to cancel the turn signal.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

Speaking for my '16, it will allow a "tap" for 3 blinks to indicate a lane change or will "latch" down (or up) in turning position until the turn is over and the steering returns to center to cancel the turn signal.
Yes that's the mechanism I want. On the 2015, it doesn't latch down or up. It's like Tesla's, you push it down or up and it returns back to the middle.

Yes that's the mechanism I want. On the 2015, it doesn't latch down or up. It's like Tesla's, you push it down or up and it returns back to the middle.
I'd suspect yours is broken .... and that it's the same part for a '16. EDIT: 11-15 & '16-'19 are apparently different part numbers

When you push it either up or down and the lever returns to the middle, do the signals lights keep flashing until the turn has been completed?

Peter

When you push it either up or down and the lever returns to the middle, do the signals lights keep flashing until the turn has been completed?

Peter
Yes the flashing stops when I complete the turn. I just hate the mechanism.

I'd suspect yours is broken .... and that it's the same part for a '16. EDIT: 11-15 & '16-'19 are apparently different part numbers
The flashing stops when I complete the turn, it's just the mechanism that turns it on. I don't like that it doesn't stay down or up when I turn the signal on.

Yes the flashing stops when I complete the turn. I just hate the mechanism.
That's what I thought. I had a 2011 Limited and it did the same thing. That is the way it was designed to work and I found it very frustrating.
If you check the Vehicle Fitment, you will see that it is divided into two groups. Pre and post 2016. With the 2016 model being a refresh that might explain it.

Peter

That's what I thought. I had a 2011 Limited and it did the same thing. That is the way it was designed to work and I found it very frustrating.
If you check the Vehicle Fitment, you will see that it is divided into two groups. Pre and post 2016. With the 2016 model being a refresh that might explain it.

Peter
If the actual fitment is the same physically and the wiring is the same, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Back