Offroad Projects | Page 98 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offroad Projects

Big projects... Lifts, Swaps, etc... IMPORTANT As the subject use your name, or the name of your truck, and the name of the project. Such as Superlift 5.5" installation, Dana 44 conversion, etc.

Solid Axle Swap Registry

If you have completed a solid axle swap on your Explorer and would like to share the results with others this is the place to do it:D This isn't the place to talk about a work in progress, rather a place for the FINAL results, specs, instructions etc
Threads
Threads

Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits

Ford Explorer and Ranger chassis related posts. Get help choosing the right shock absorber and aftermarket suspension for your Explorer or Ranger based vehicle.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Drivelines

Ford Explorer and Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, Driveshafts and Axles.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.

For the Ford Explorer and Ranger entusiasts who like to build their own rock sliders, bumpers, rollcages etc.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Accessories

All of the extra goodies we need. Winches, recovery gear, on board air etc...
Threads
Threads

I did a search on this because I didnt wanna start an unnecessary thread, so i searched on the T-5 and Atlass trannies because I've been curious with everyone talking about them. I didnt find exactly what I wanted though, so maybe somebody can help. So...What is the main difference between the two? Which is better for what? What is the availability? How much $$$$? I've been wanting to know, because I'm sort of expanding my horizons and getting into stuff in the drivetrain and all sorts of other important parts. Thanks alot guys, ~Grant
Has anyone tried to simplifie the electric shift motor(push button ting) to somekind of manual override. I was tinking of someting that does not go by the control module, that I could flip a switch and go to 4x4low directly. I know a manual transfer case exist, but where to find it(neerly impossible) so I would like to keep the electric motor and do someting that ressemble to manual t-case.
Back