RV / Trailers / Camping | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RV / Trailers / Camping

Iz's Bingo Bus/Tow Rig

I decided it was time to pass on the old E-350 and replace it with another.

So I picked this guy up on Saturday.

- 2001 E-350 7.3 PowerStroke (does not leak!!)
- Auxiliary air-conditioning/heat under the chassis
- 13 seater (including the driver) but I'll probably change up this combo.
- Air-powered side barn doors (by far the coolest part of the vehicle)
- Wide power side mirrors
- Padded interior walls (in case I go nuts.. oh wait)
- Luggage rack (will probably be removed)

Some...

Adventure trailer build thread.

Rated "I/A" for Immature Adult content! Stop, and close this page if you can't handle Silly, foul, and obnoxious adult content!

Intro:
This is not a common build here on this forum, but this build is part of another long term build, that has been going on for 10 years now. I feel it is fitting to share this build here, since so much of it's companion is documented on EF. This thread is as detailed as my patience has allowed. I want to be able to help others that...

yostyexplorer94's camper frame trailer build

Bearing replacement reference for my trailer-

Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L68149 - L68149
Replacement Race - L68110 - L68110
Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L44649 - L44649
Replacement Race for L44643 and L44649 Bearings - L44610
Grease Seal - Double Lip - ID 1.719" / OD 2.565" - for 3,500-lb Axles - Qty 2 - RG06-050

I found this on craigslist. It was an old camper that he stripped down to the frame, sand blasted, and primered it. I...

Military 101/Off Road Adventure Trailer

c97001fd-a99f-4754-af2b-984892919ba2.jpg

Well after a few years of wanting one of those military trailers that you see in the WW2 flics being towed behind a jeep, I finally got one. Not that particular one which is the M416 but one that I like better, the later model M101. It's a little larger, plus it's got a flip down tailgate. A lot of surface rust but structurally sound.
Only on spot that is rusted thru. Nothing I can't fix.

DSC04820.jpg

8' long 5' 5" wide with a Pintal hitch. You know it's tuff...

Bronco ii Camper

p_00018-1.jpg

Going to have to add another / after the Trailer/Camper.

p_00020-1.jpg

Now it's the Trailer/Camper/Mobil Deer Blind. Hey, I'm paying insurance and tag money for this thing, why let it stand around not earning it's keep :p:

I'm so glad that the B2 I bought for the Trailer idea had one of those rear windows that open up while the hatch stays closed.
Just hook-up my little propane stove and load the on-board cooler up with drinks. No alcohol.

Hmm, somekind of...

1982 Fleetwood Jamboree. 460/c6

Hey to all my fellow Explorers!
Well i just purchased my first RV today and it has a few issues and i thought that just maybe some of the fellow Explorer brothers might have some insite or answers to my Newbie MotorHome questions??
Like i said this is the first motorhome that i have ever owned, and unfortunatly ive never known anyone else that has owned one to help me out, so i figured what better place to get some good-ol advice than from the best forums in the world right here.
It is a...

RV Update / Upgrade Thread

I had mentioned on one of my threads (Purchasing 46.5 Acres Near Kingman, AZ) that I had the inverter/charger fail on the RV while camping. Its a Prosine 2.0 made by Xantrex and lasted about 15 years so I can't complain. I purchased a new unit from Xantrex and its being shipped. Most of the camping I do is dry or boondocking. RV has 600 watt solar system along with the inverter so it does very well for extended stays off grid. I pulled the old unit out and don't like the way the...

flatbed car hauler brake trouble and bunk sealing?

My 18' Carson trailer was bought new in 2004 and we've been to hell and back. Probably close to 30,000 miles on this thing.

Anyway, I haven't done anything with the bunks or floorboards this entire time.

I am looking at it thinking I should seal them and after looking around online I saw one comment saying Thompsons is about the worst product out there and another person said that oil and diesel is a pretty good preservative. Good for me that I've had plenty of leaking vehicles on...

Attachments

• outside house 001.jpg
    outside house 001.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 914
  • outside house 002.jpg
    outside house 002.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 806

Tents- nylon or canvas?

What do you use? Do you have experience with both?

When I've camped in a tent, it's always been in a nylon tent. But I've heard that canvas tents are way better- they are easier to keep warm and don't warm up as much in direct sunlight as nylon.

I recently spent a pretty chilly night on Twin Cone inside a nylon tent. I know this could have been made better with better sleeping bags.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a canvas tent, but storage inside my Explorer is tight-...

Project for someone

Saw this the other day and thought it would be a cool rig to do a 4wd conversion (and a 5.0L swap).

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/1449121810.html

1984 Ford Ranger Rollalong. Ever seen one?? 2.8 L V6, C3 automatic transmission, approx. 124k miles, dual rear wheels, aftermarket cd player, etc. This vehicle has lived in a desert southwest climate. There is zero rust on this truck, except for very minor areas that are noted in the photos. Features a pop-up top, furnace...

Project M.O.A.B. . .

. . . as in the Modular Operational Activity Base.

. . . or perhaps it's the U.T.A.H., or Utility Trailer Adventure Hauler ? ? ?

Anyway, I have a smaller motorcycle trailer from a company called Kendon - - it's a two rail trailer that folds and stands upright when not in use. Generally, I use it to haul one of the Buells to track days here in the Northwest, or "rescue"...

Custom tonneau cover for the tow rig

Background: I have an 05 f250 crew cab long box. I have an over-sized toolbox in it and I was wanting a tonneau cover while keeping my toolbox. I also wanted a hard top style that couldn't be cut with a knife.

I lucked out an picked up a LEER fiberglass hard top tonneau cover for a shortbox superduty for free that also came with a bedslide. I decided to section part of it out to get the length I needed to keep my toolbox (10.5 inches in this case) while keeping the "factory" cover look...

Back