• Register Today It's free!

Who lives in Illinois?

Quick

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I'm just curious about who lives in Illinois. I live in Bartlett, IL which is near Elgin. I know someone here lives in Wheaton and in St. Charles. I was just curious where you guys buy your parts, go 4x4, etc.. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in Illinois! Streamwood to be more precise. I know there are quite a few people from Illinois on this site. I have a site called Northern Illinois Explorer Club and I list a few shops that cater to 4X4s as well as a listing of some “local” 4X4 clubs. The closest place to go off roading that I’m aware of is Attica Indiana. There is a link to Attica’s Bad Lands on the NIEC’s site as well. Last year about 6 of us got together at my house for a little “get to know ya” session and it was nice. I hope to organize another get together this spring.

Northern Illinois Explorer Club’s web site.
http://www.ericcameron.com/Niec/NIEC.htm

Link to Attica
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

Peace.

I'm from the Chicagoland area and I know of a great place that deals strickly with offroad accesories. The place is called GODMUDDERS (you gotta love the name.) It is located on 119th S. Ridgeland Ave(around there). I have never actually gone in but I have stopped into their parking lot and stared at all the monsters parked outside. They even built their own monster truck. The have a website I think it is http://www.godmudders.com but I could be wrong. They even have pictures up at national tire and wheel website. http://www.natltire.com

I say check them out they do everything! As soon as I get a 4x4 I am going there.

Quick- You're probably thinking of me...I live in Wheaton and the shop that I use it Attitude Performance. You can check it out at http://www.attitudeperformance.com We do some runs quite often, but we're all taking winter breaks from wheelin and most everyone is doing some sorta wild mod...2 guys doin straight axle swaps one doing a custom turbo setup etc...
Rich--I never knew of that godmudders place....Definately a place to check out....what is the neighborhood like that it's at?
Thanks,
Pete

Right, a few days ago I pulled up behind you going to work (I work on the corner of Willow and Main in downtown Wheaton).. Your truck is the same look as mine (mine a 93, yours s 94) except I don't have a lift or huge tires. ;) Nice truck, it is very nice looking.

Haha, small world! I find it funny that of nearly 4000 people, we bumped into each other in a way....and actually, my truck is a 91.
Pete

I live in Melrose Park. I'm more of an appearance/performance nut, so I have to tag along with buddies when serious off-roading time comes. The only place I've been is Attica, IN, but looking forward to finding more places.

Hey I'm the guy from St. Charles. I haven't really off roaded yet and I do not know of any place to even go off roading. Good to meet so many people from Illinois. Anyone near St. Charles have a good ford dealer service department they would recommend to me?!

If you take North Ave. east past RT. 59 you hit a place called Joe Cotton Ford. Right on the corner of North Ave. and Gary Ave. I've got a few things from them, and I'm actually friends with Joe Cotton's son. :)

Pete- Godmudders is in Alsip. The neighborhood is like any other neighbor in Chicago, WELL let me rephrase that any other normal town in the Chicagoland area. Don't worry it isn't Cabrini Green were if I drove my truck in there I would probably be dead and my truck stripped in about two minutes. Check out the website. I drool everytime I go by that place.

Hey Quick, it's possible that you pulled up behind me. I own a green 94 that's lifted. As far as location I'm in West C-ville which is about 5 miles northwest of Elgin, Bartlet is not that far from me though. Perhaps we can arrange for a get together?????????? First meeting of our club Eric????????? Perhaps?

Let's just say I'm open Saturday January 20, around 5:00PM??????? ANYBODY?

On that note guys,,,,,,,,,,,, we have a thread in Serious Explorations called Trails in Illinois that we use to communicate, try that,,,,,lots of usufull info there.
Here's the link:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11619

Another thing, Travis, you're not that far from Spring Hill Ford in Elgin. They're on RT. 25 just north of the tollway. Oustanding Service! at least it was to me a couple of times I was there.

Later,

I think Cameron said that he is going to organize a "get together" in the Spring for all the Illinois people. Though I'd love to go, I'd hope I'd fit in due to the fact my truck isn't made for 4x4 (no lifts, etc, etc).

I think I actually pulled up behind RFR2212 because I was in Wheaton at the time, and his truck was dark blue. :)

Quick, all Explorer owners are welcome! I don’t have a lifted truck either. It would be nice to talk with people such as yourself who are interested in street Explorers. The goal in getting together and that of the Northern Illinois Explorer Club (at least what I think the goal should be) is to share information about our Explorers. The get together is an opportunity for us to meet each other and talk about common interests. I don’t care if you have a lowered race ready Explorer or a 6 inch lifted off road beast. AN Explorer is an Explorer, I love them all!

Andre, I think a get together sounds great. I was hoping to wait until the weather turned warmer though. But I’m up for whatever you guys want. Just name the time and place!

I live in Geneva, close to St. Charles and Elgin and Batavia. But I'm only home about a month out of the year.

I see so many explorers around here I bet I've seen one of you around. I drive all over to hoffman estates and arlington heights often. My truck does not stand out unfortunatly. it is a dark green XLT. Nothin special excapt the wheels are not the tear drop ones. Thats the only major difference between mine and others. My truck is mostly stock so I do not know if I would really do any major offroading with it. I can't risk breaking anything. i already owe too much money for repairs! (Darn transmission!!!!)

That’s why everyone should buy a "www.explorer4x4.com" sticker from Rick. Put it on your truck so we can recognize who’s a member. It only cost a couple of dollars and helps support this wonderful site.

I am in the Chicago area as well. I actually saw Andre in my area about a month ago. Anyway, I have a large http://www.explorer4x4.com sticker on the back as well. Kepe checking the site, my guess is we'll be orginizing a trip to Attica again soon.

Cameron, when do you plan to have the get together?

Cameron,
it would be great to get together with you guys. im in the chicago-land area myself.
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pete,
i have spoken with steve at godmudders before, they arent too familiar with the 95+ explorers. he did say bring the truck by and he could possibly fabricate something though. they have done some awesome work on rangers too. u r right, looks like a cool place.
Rick

Back