Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ohe boy's Full Width D44/Ford 9"

Well I am finally done with the suspension mods and have taken it out on the trails to test out the flex.

Here's some pics to get started:

Group shot of the gang

group_shot.jpg

Some flexing out on the trails...

explorer_flex_1.jpg

explorer_flex_2.jpg

explorer_flex.jpg

...and some flexing with the forklift...

Picture61.jpg

Picture31.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice picts. Im a poor college student, but i just ordered some 1 1/4 warrior shackles for the rear leaf springs. Im loking into doing some custom fab for my 98 X over spring break. Im curious about your rack on the top. Does that mount to the luggage rack or its own mounting brackets? Also, other than the shackles, im stock. What would you suggest for larger wheels? I knw I have stock wheels and tires, but dont know how big the are or what i can go to being close to stock. I heard I would be able to fit 32s?

NICE! Those back tires tuck up perfectly. Any rubbing there?

Ummm....well the luggage rack mounts in the rails of the existing roof racks. You're gonna have to remove the rear roof rack to install the luggage rack. You can find these on jcwhitney.com and other similiar sites. Try a search on luggage rack for your explorer year.

As far as the warrior shackles it'll only lift the rear and do nothing to the front. I got the shackles in order to lift the rear up a little since it had some rear sag in it. i'm not sure whether or not you're gonna able to fit 32's all around with just a shackle lift. trying searching around...There's lots of info on this board.

oh and Welcome to the best site you're ever gonna come across for all your explorer questions!!!

I have always liked how yours turns out. Looks Great.

Are these picutres with the body lift on?

NICE! Those back tires tuck up perfectly. Any rubbing there?

Thanks!! The pics with the forklift has no body lift in it. It didn't touch the fenders (flares did touch though) but it was way to close. the fork lift gives your truck a smooth articulation. Try driving it offroad and you're sure to rub the fenders pretty bad. The wheeling pics above shows it with the 3" BL. The tires have enough clearance with them in and I have nothing to worry about there.

I have always liked how yours turns out. Looks Great.

Are these picutres with the body lift on?

Thanks Burns! I was impressed with the flexability set up too! The wheeling pics has the 3" BL in. The fork lift pics doesn't!

BTW...is this the post you PM'd me about?

pimpin

Thanks Burns! I was impressed with the flexability set up too! The wheeling pics has the 3" BL in. The fork lift pics doesn't!

BTW...is this the post you PM'd me about?

no lol it must have not been submitted or something. I was not sure how the body lift would change it. Does it drive diffrent? with it or without.

I couldn't tell a difference in the driving.

But then again...I only drove it for about a week before I added in the BL.

As of now... the truck is back in the shop getting some rock sliders/ step bars built

OH nice. I want sliders bad. LOL

i just cut my fenders so no rubbing for me he he

OH nice. I want sliders bad. LOL

i just cut my fenders so no rubbing for me he he

How did you cut the rear? I was thinking of doing that but noticed theres hardly any meat left to cut. :(

looks real badass ohe_boy. how do you like those Iroks so far? Im thinking about getting myself a set

How did you cut the rear? I was thinking of doing that but noticed theres hardly any meat left to cut. :(

I didnt cut the rear. I dont rub there. I only cut the front ones.
front-clr.jpg

its a sled...(read the dictionary)

looks real badass ohe_boy. how do you like those Iroks so far? Im thinking about getting myself a set

Well I heard a lot of good reviews from them....

I only took it out on the trails once and so far so good. Those tires gripped this slicked clay like mixture and I went over the obstacle with ease. (not to mentioned the lockers helped out)

I suggest getting them.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rick runs the irocks, ask him.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back